The following page breaks down the Priest class in Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire. You shall also find here the basic information concerning the class, a description of sub-classes along with rewards and penalties, the results of combining multiple classes, as well as a few helpful tips and tricks.
In Pillars of Eternity 2 there are many priest fractions that praise different gods and various lifestyles. Often Priests unite their followers and establish religious groups. As for their part in the team - they provide irreplaceable support and are the perfect addition to every group of adventure-seekers.
Main role: Support
Power Source: Faith
Each subclass of the Priest class is directly linked with the god it praises, and each one of them offers a different set of spells received automatically after reaching every new Power Level:
- Berath - god of death and reincarnation. Priests praising him are rational and emotionless, as they celebrate the death of others.
- Eothas - god of light and hope. Priests praising this god are known for their serenity, good deeds, and denouncing all evil.
- Magran - goddess of war and fire. Priests praising her can be distinguished by their courage, precipitation, and convulsiveness.
- Skaen - god of resentment and secret hatred. Priests praising this god often participate in tortures, executions, and work in hiding.
- Wael - god of dreams and secrets. Priests praising his are known for their weird rituals and mysterious practices.
Depending on the god you chose to praise, you get access to one of the following abilities:
Allies within the AoE get the Insightful status for 20 seconds.
Allies in the AoE get the Strong status for 30 seconds.
Allies in the AoE receive 30 HP.
Allied characters in the area won't be affected by negative effects for 10 seconds.
Barbs of Condemnation
The targeted unit receives 16-24 sting damage and -5 defense for 10 seconds.
Enemies within the AoE get the Dazed status for 7 seconds.
By combining the Priest with other classes, you can get the following results:
- Priest + Barbarian = Priest
- Priest + Chanter = Celebrant
- Priest + Cipher = Mystic
- Priest + Druid = Universalist
- Priest + Fighter = Clerc
- Priest + Monk = Contemplative
- Priest + Paladin = Templar
- Priest + Ranger = Itinerant
- Priest + Rogue = Zealot
- Priest + Wizard = Thaumaturge
Tips and hints
- Priest is a typical support class, and that's the way they should be developed. There are loads of spells at a Priest's disposal that can heal friends and debuff enemies. First, you should consider abilities such as Restore, Barbs of Condemnation and Holy Power. This will let you heal team members, debuff enemies and increase your friends' power.
- Use robes. Even light armors are going to be too heavy - simply avoid fighting and cover behind other characters. Keep your distance and support the team from afar.
- The most important attribute is Intellect - it increases duration and AoE of many abilities. Elves are a good choice in terms of the race of a Priest.
- During a single fight, a Priest can use a limited number of spells. The number increases with new levels of power. Check the "Sources of Power" chapter to learn more.