On this page of the game guide, you will find information about the Trickster character class in Outriders. We have provided the character's skill list, class tree and tips on how to improve your gameplay.
The Trickster is a character who specializes in hit and run tactics - they excel in short range. Their skills mostly focus on quickly approaching opponents and playing tricks on them (for example, by using a skill that slows down all projectiles). Their melee skill inflicts Slow on their targets.
When selecting the Trickster, keep in mind that your passive ability heals you upon killing an opponent at close range, which further encourages this type of playstyle. In addition to healing them, these kills also restore a portion of the Trickster's Shield When playing as this character class, it's best to choose a set of weapons designed for medium/close range combat, or just close range weapons, such as a shotgun and an assault rifle or a shotgun and a submachine gun.
These weapon combinations make you especially threatening at close range while allowing you to shoot your enemies at medium range as you wait for your skills to recharge.
The Trickster is an especially unique character who can bend space-time to manipulate their targets and is the only character with the ability to teleport. Listed below are some sample skills of the Trickster:
- Temporal Blade: paralyzes enemies and deals damage. It interrupts enemy skill casts and inflicts Slow on them;
- Slow Trap: creates an Anomaly that inflicts a 10 second Slow on enemies (it also affects projectiles!);
- Hunt the Prey: teleports you behind the selected enemy. You will also receive a Shield bonus;
- Twisted Rounds: fills your magazine with an Anomaly and increases the damage dealt. This effect lasts until you reload or switch weapons.
You can find more details on the Trickster's skills on the Trickster - skills page.
Like every class available in Outriders, the Trickster has three unique subclasses that define their playstyle:
- The Assassin: mostly focuses on increasing close range weapon damage (shotguns), attacking from behind and decreasing the cooldowns of skills that increase movement speed;
- The Harbinger: focuses on increasing Health, Shield or Resistance;
- The Reaver: they have many passive skills that increase Anomaly damage.
You can find more details on all of the Trickster's subclasses on the Trickster - subclasses page.