Hogwarts Legacy: The Room of Requirement Hogwarts Legacy guide
On this page of the guide to Hogwarts Legacy you will find a walkthrough of the main quest The Room of Requirement. You will learn how to unlock the The Room of Requirement with Professor Weasley and how to place the first 2 posts in the room using the Conjuring Spell.
Last update: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
This page of the Hogwarts Legacy guide contains a walkthrough for The Room of Requirement main quest. You will learn how to visit the room with Professor Weasley for the first time, how to get the Evanesco and the Conjuring spells, and how to set up stations for planting plants and brewing potions.
The most important uses for the Room of Requirement are described in more detail on a separate page of the guide in the Basics chapter. Below we have listed only those activities that are required to complete this quest. You will not unlock access to all the features of the Room of Requirement right away.
- Rewards for completing the quest
- Meet Professor Weasley
- Follow Professor Weasley
- Explore the Room of Requirement
- Use the Desk of Description
- Conjure a Potions Station
- Conjure a Potting Table
Rewards for completing the quest
- Room of Requirement in Hogwarts unlocked - you can select Secret Rooms on the map screen and move to the room by fast travel;
- Evanesco spell unlocked - it removes items to obtain a Moonstone from them;
- Conjuring spell unlocked - it allows you to create and modify objects in the Room of Requirement;
- Desk of Description unlocked - you can use it to identify unknown loot;
- Potions Station unlocked - thanks to it, you can brew potions;
- Potions Table unlocked - you can plant seeds and grow plants;
- Interior Decorating side quest unlocked - you will learn how to create decorations for the Room of Requirement and how to change its decor.
Meet Professor Weasley
This quest requires your character to be at level 6. Professor Weasley is waiting in the Astronomy Wing of Hogwarts. During the conversation, Weasley will unlock the entrance to the Room of Requirement. Initially the place will be cluttered. However, during the quest, you will create your space.
Follow Professor Weasley
You and Weasley will get to a blockade made out of chairs - your character will learn how to cast the Evanesco spell. Open the quick spell menu, put the spell in one of the active slots and use it to get rid of the chairs. Objects that disappear give Moonstones back - this is an important resource for crafting new items in the Room of Requirement.
Explore the Room of Requirement
Proceed forward. You can cast Evanesco on interactive objects. Use Accio or Levioso spells to move crates that may be blocking the passage.
You can explore optional areas (e.g. chests with loot) or reach Deek as soon as possible - this friendly creature will help you create your own Room of Requirement.
Use the Desk of Description
The next parts of the quest focus on the basic features of the Room of Requirement (other parts will be unlocked later in the game during separate quests).
The desk is used to identify unknown items and you may have already found a few of them before starting the quest. Identification is free.
Conjure a Potions Station
By talking to Weasley you will unlock the Conjuring Spell. It allows you to create items that can be placed in the Room of Requirement - set it in the quick spell menu.
After casting the spell, a menu for selecting the category of items will appear - these can be various utility items and Room of Requirement decorations. Select the first item: Potions.
Conjure any of the small stations. After selecting it from the list, you must:
- choose a place in the Room of Requirement - it can't be too close to a wall or other objects, you can also rotate the stations (L1/R1);
- spend a Moonstone - it is used as a resource for all conjurations;
- adjust the appearance of the station - general style and color.
Conjure a Potting Table
This works similarly:
- cast the Conjuring Spell and select Herbology from the list;
- choose any of the small tables - choose its location and appearance, and spend a Moonstone to construct it.
This will end the quest. We recommend starting the Interior Decoration side quest right away. During it you will learn how to change the appearance and decoration of the Room of Requirement.