On this page of the Baldurs Gate 3 guide, you will learn more about bonus actions and how to use them.
During battles, you have access to 3 different types of actions. Each allows you to perform a different range of tasks:
- Movement - an orange strip located above the skill strip. It allows characters to move around the battlefield;
- Actions - marked with a green circle that appears under the character's portrait during combat. They allow performing attacks, utilizing certain movements, and lifting unconscious allies;
- Bonus Actions - marked by an orange triangle, appearing during the fight under the character's portrait. These allow you to cast certain spells, perform some of the movements, and drink medicinal potions.
Of course, you can do all these activities simultaneously within one round.
To learn what type of action you will use when performing a given action, place the cursor on the action's icon on the bottom bar. After a while, a panel will appear containing this information. You will also find information regarding the action.
In the case of movement actions, such as help or attempt to restealth, information comes from their background:
- Blue are supplied from Bonus Actions.
- Red consumes standard action points.