This page of The Witcher Wild Hunt guide contains a high-quality interactive map of the Skellige Islands - a vast archipelago consisting of Kaer Trolde, Kaer Muire, Spikeroog, An Skellig, Hindarsfjall, Faroe, Undvik and smaller islands. We have marked all the important locations, secrets and collectibles on the map - these include Places of Power, treasure hunts, signposts, guarded treasures, bandit camps and lairs of powerful monsters. You will also learn where to unlock main and side quests on the Skellige Islands. Our guide will help you explore Skellige in 100%.
- Hidden locations and collectibles
- Important locations and merchants
- Main and side quests
- First visit to the Skellige Islands in the main storyline
Hidden locations and collectibles
On the Skellige Islands, you can explore various locations that are initially marked with question marks. They are:
- Abandoned Site - You can find and liberate these locations. After that, allies will appear in them.
- Bandit Camp - You can find bandit camps and get rid of all thugs in them.
- Guarded Treasure - You can find treasures and collect them after dealing with nearby monsters.
- Monster Nest - You can find and bomb monster nests.
- Monster Den - You can find dens and kill the creatures staying in them.
- Place of Power - You can interact with them and develop specific witcher signs.
- Signpost - You can discover new fast travel points on the Skellige Islands.
- Spoils of War - You can find underwater treasures.
Important locations and merchants
Our interactive map of the Skellige Islands contains important markers:
- Important locations - These include: Kaer Trolde, Kaer Muire and other types of locations or villages from the larger islands.
- Merchants - There are dozens of different merchants all over Skellige. They are merchants with a wide range of goods and specialists such as a blacksmith, herbalist or alchemist.
- Lairs of strong monsters - On Skellige, it's easy to come across monsters with very high experience levels. Our icons will warn you of dangerous places.
Main and side quests
You can unlock 4 different types of quests on the Skellige Islands. They are:
- Main quests - You can have several different main quests in your journal at the same time. The order in which you do them doesn't matter.
- Side quests - Dozens of smaller and larger side quests await you on Skellige.
- Witcher contracts - Skellige offers a variety of contracts, but some of them require a high level meaning you should leave them for later.
- Treasure Hunt - You can find various hidden treasures and witcher gear schematics.
First visit to the Skellige Islands in the main storyline
The Skellige Islands are the last large land in the game (not counting the regions from story expansions). Don't go on Skellige unless Geralt has reached at least level 15.
The main quest Destination: Skellige is related to the expedition to Skellige - we described it in our walkthrough (you complete it in Novigrad). The journey to Skellige is not a one-way trip. From the moment you reach the archipelago, you can use the signposts to return, for example, to Velen, Novigrad or White Orchard (via fast travel).