This page of The Witcher Wild Hunt guide contains a high-quality interactive map of Velen (including the cities of Novigrad and Oxenfurt) - the largest map in the game. We have marked all the important locations, secrets and collectibles on the map - these include Places of Power, treasure hunts, signposts, guarded treasures, bandit camps and lairs of powerful monsters. You will also learn where to start quests (main, side and contracts) in Velen. Our guide will help you explore Velen in 100%.
- Hidden locations and collectibles
- Important locations and merchants
- Main and side quests
- First visit to Velen in the main storyline
Hidden locations and collectibles
In Velen and in the cities of Novigrad and Oxenfurt, you can explore various locations, which are initially marked with question marks. They are:
- People in Distress - You can liberate civilians held in cages.
- Abandoned Site - You can find and liberate these locations. After that, allies will appear in them.
- Bandit Camp - You can find bandit camps and get rid of all thugs in them.
- Guarded Treasure - You can find treasures and collect them after dealing with nearby monsters.
- Monster Nest - You can find and bomb monster nests.
- Monster Den - You can find dens and kill the creatures staying in them.
- Place of Power - You can interact with them and develop specific witcher signs.
- Signpost - You can unlock new fast travel points in Velen.
- Smugglers Cache - You can find stashes with valuable loot.
- Spoils of War - You can find underwater treasures.
Important locations and merchants
Our interactive map of Velen, Novigrad and Oxenfurt has important markers:
- Important locations - These include: main districts in cities, Crow's Perch and numerous villages scattered throughout Velen. There you can find merchants or receive new quests.
- Merchants - There are dozens of different merchants all over Velen. They are merchants with a wide range of goods and specialists such as a blacksmith, herbalist or alchemist.
- Lairs of strong monsters - In Velen, you can easily come across monsters that are even several dozen levels higher than Geralt. We have marked these dangerous locations on the map.
Main and side quests
In Velen, Novigrad and Oxenfurt, you can unlock 4 different types of quests. They are:
- Main quests - There can be several main quests in your journal at the same time and you can do them in any order.
- Side quests - Dozens of smaller and larger side quests await you in Velen.
- Witcher contracts - Velen offers a variety of contracts, but some of them require a high level meaning you should leave them for later.
- Treasure Hunt - You can find various hidden treasures and witcher gear schematics.
First visit to Velen in the main storyline
Velen is the game's largest map. You reach it after visiting White Orchard and the Royal Palace in Vizima. The Nilfgaardian Connection main quest will start. Geralt will start exploring Velen next to the Hanged Man's Tree.
From now on, Velen is available for free exploration, although some regions are prepared for a high-level character and it is better to avoid them initially. You can also travel freely between the main lands and you will not lose the option to return to Velen until you reach the game's finale.