Map of important locations in Crookback Bog M9
The Witcher 3 Guide
Map of enemies
Key points of Witcher 3 M9 - Croockback Bog - Atlas
1,2,3... - Main locations on the map
Points of interest on the map
Important NPC characters on the map
– 1 Lindenvile Village Small village with two traders and blacksmith. You can obtain here two quests and witcher's contracts from notice board.
– 2 Assault In this small village you'll be assuaulted by seven bandits (level 4-6). For killing them you'll obtain 10 experience points.
– 3 Hidden treasure Three bandits (lvl 7 and 9). are guarding a treasure. And it's a letter holded by leader of the group.
– 4 Hidden treasure Key to the treasure and note of it's location are guarded by ghuls (lvl 9) and one bandit. It's underground - entrance into cellar is on the south-west side. Quest "Out of the Frying Pan, into the Fire".
– 5 Hidden treasure Treasure is on the south part of the island. You need to find the key to open it. Follow the tracks, key is by dead body.
– 6 Cave Entrance into cave, where you can begin konster hunter contract "Phantom of the Trade Route". You can also find an upgraded boots schematic in the cave. It's from the Witcher's Cat school gear.
– 7 Benek Village In this village you can obtain contract for Royal Wyvern from Refugee ("Contract: Phantom of the Trade Route") and the Old Sage - gwent master and employer (quest: "The Truth is in the Stars").
– 8 Downwarren Village Ini this village you won't find much interesting things - just one wicher's hunting quest "Contract: Swamp Thing" and a trader.
– 9 Entrance into cave In this cave you'll find a ghost, which is asking you to free it (quest: "The Whispering Hillock").
– 10 Tower ruins In the chest you'll find diagram for an upgraded steel sword from the Witcher's Bear school gear.
11 – Bandits Group of five bandits (lvl 3) assault you, when you're crossing the road.
– 12 Entrance into cave Witcher's grave. It's good to take point here, because inside you'll find few glyphs, some alchemical ingredients and most important - few parts of "Scavenger Hunt: Griffin School Gear".
– 13 Cave There's an upgraded schematic for a steel sword in this cave. It's a part of the Witcher's Cat school gear.
– 14 Diagrams You will find upgraded armor schematics here. They're from the Witcher's Cat school gear.
– 15 Cave There's a cave here and you can explore it while completing "The Swamp Thing" quest. Make sure to check the cave thoroughly, because you can uncover a schematic for an upgraded silver sword from the Witcher's Bear school gear.
Dolores – Quest giver "The Fall of the House of Reardon".
Gravedigger – Your contact in witcher's contract "Contract: The Merry Widow".
Leslav – Your contact in witcher's contract "Contract: Swamp Thing".
Old Sage – "The Truth is in the Stars" - quest giver and gwent playing master.
Refugee – "Contract: The Phantom of the Trade Route" - from Refugee you will get a quest to find his friedns and kill Royal Wyvern. Crookback Bog - world atlas
The map above shows the
. It's a large location with many treasures and strong monsters - including some rare ones. Few quests and witcher contracts will make your visit here more entertaining - especially if you're a player with low level, because most of the tasks are not very hard. Here you will also find a main (yet optional) quest "Ladies of the Wood", so you will definitely visit this location at some point. Crookback Bog Most important places in Crookback Bog
A small village with two merchants and a blacksmith. Here you will start two quests and take some contracts from the notice board. Your main base for raids to the surrounding territories.
In this village you will obtain a contract for a wyvern (Contract: Phantom of the Trade Route) and an Old Sage - Gwent master and questgiver of the "The Truth is in the Stars" task. Except for that, there is no need even to walk between buildings in search for something of value.
You won't find many interesting things in the village - a single witcher contract "Contract: Swamp Thing" and a merchant. Later in the game you will meet the ealdorman here as well - he will be your contact in main quest "Ladies of the Wood".
12. Cave entrance
Grave of a witcher. You should visit it as inside you will find many runes, alchemy ingredients and - most importantly - some parts of the "Griffin School Gear". Parts from the diagrams are very good and you will be able to additionally upgrade them with the old set when you gain new level and obtain upgrade diagrams.
Most important NCs in Crookback Bog
Old Sage (M9,7) - Questgiver of the side quest "The Truth is in the Stars" and one of the Gwent masters in Velen. Enemy types in Crookback Bog
Ignis Fatuus - an unique monster from the "Swamp Thing" contract. It's a stronger type of Folget.
Important information related to Crookback Bog
Because of the related main quest
"Family Matter", you should visit immediately after the Crookback Bog . Except for the Crow's Perch "Contract: Phantom of the Trade Route", all quests available in the Bog can be done at any level. You will find many side quests, three witcher contracts and three treasure hunting quests here.
If you have high character level, you can try fighting some rare monsters - by doing so, you will obtain valuable alchemy ingredients that will allow you to make special potions.
First you should visit Places of Power. There are two in this location - remember that each will give you additional skill point to distribute.
Second most important thing to do is finding the cave related to treasure hunt:
"Griffin School Gear". This diagrams of special witcher equipment will be surely enough to met your beginning expectations for this location.
Map of enemies