On this page of the Disco Elysium guide, you will find a walkthrough for the Joyce's info on the lynching quest.
The objective in the Joyce's info on the lynching quest in Disco Elysium is to talk to Joyce Messier and get information about the murdered mercenary.
After proving your identity to Joyce by showing your badge (requires completing Track down your badge quest) or completing The Jam Mystery side quest for her, you will get some valuable information.
- The mercenary was nicknamed Lely and was a colonel – the woman does not know his real name;
- He belonged to Krenel's mercenaries (Oranjese military company) – a group of three mercenaries was sent to Martinaise. Their task was to intimidate the Union and force it to surrender. Mercenaries have talked to Joyce occasionally, but she is not their superior;
- Colonel Lely is alleged to have carried out a sexual assault on a local woman while he was drunk and separated from his unit. The more aggressive members of the Union had a good excuse to kill him. On the last Sunday night, the mercenary was dragged into the yard of the Whirling-In-Rags building and lynched;
- After the murder, Evrart Claire prohibited Joyce from entering the harbor. Therefore, the woman wasn't able to discuss the matter with anyone else;
- The other two Krenel mercenaries are still working undercover. They are secretly holding an independent military tribunal, and after the investigation is complete, they will proceed with executions - of one, some, or all Union members.
If you want to force Joyce to reveal the whereabouts of the remaining mercenaries, you will have to pass the Logic skill check.