On this page of the guide to Disco Elysium, you will find an accurate description of how to complete the Interrogate the vigilantes task.
During the task Interrogate the vigilantes in Disco Elysium, you should question the men in one of the rooms in the Whirling-In-Rags (inside the Union box) and find out what they know about the murder.
Before you can talk to Titus (leader of the Hardie Boys group), you'll first have to speak to Elizabeth - the woman who previously sat outside the hotel building. In fact, she acts as legal counsel to the group. Talking to Titus may take different courses, depending on how much evidence you have been able to collect and whether you stay calm during the interrogation.
- The purpose of the conversation is to find gaps in the group's defense and weaken Titus' authority;
- If you have examined the footprints under the tree, you can scan the room and match the footprints to individual people. There is one person missing in the room - you can pressure Titus to tell you who he is covering for;
- If you have completed a secret task Find the bullet before you get fooled and you found a projectile in the skull of the murdered man, you can now ask about it and observe the reaction of the group - this will surprise Titus;
- When you ask about why and how they killed a man, you will learn that a soldier got under their skin, attacked and assaulted one of them - a woman whose identity will remain unknown until you pass an Authority skill test;
- If you pass a difficult Composure skill test, you might suggest that something doesn't add up here (Things aren't quite right here, right?) and press on the weakest link of the group - a man with the nickname Fat Angus;
- An attempt to arrest Titus will not succeed.
Upon completing the interrogation, you will receive access to a new task, Prove your authority to Titus Hardie, which is related to the further stage of the investigation.