This page of the guide to Disco Elysium contains a detailed walkthrough of the Getting the Body Down quest.
In the Getting the body down quest in Disco Elysium you need to bring down the body of the man hanged behind the Whirling-In-Rags hotel. This can be done in two main ways.
The mission is added to the log after the completing the Inspect Victim's Body quest, where you need to perform an initial visual inspection of the crime scene and examine the hanged body.
After examining the Hanged body consult Kim and ask how you should get the body down (So, how do we get him down?).
As the conversation continues, select the dialog option” Maybe we could shoot him down? “, then:
- Just shoot the belt, the bullet will break it: this will suggest that it is worth trying your luck and shooting the belt on which the man was hanged;
- Take the shot lieutenant - what's the worst thing that could happen?: this will encourage Kim to take the shot;
- Easy does it, partner: after this dialogue, Kim will aim and shoot.
Kim's attempt sadly fails, so you need to take matters into your own hands - select the dialog option Can I have the gun? I should try. Kim will agree and hand over his weapon to you.
Shooting the body down requires passing the Hand/Eye Coordination check, which can be really difficult if Harrier's hand-eye coordination is poor. To slightly increase your chances, select the dialog option before firing the shot Close your left eye first. If the attempt is successful, the body will fall to the ground and you will be able to proceed to the next task - Perform field autopsy.
The first conversation with the head of the Union will be unpleasant, and Harrier will lose 1 Health when he sits in an extremely uncomfortable chair (unless you successfully complete the Pain Treshold check). At some point a dialog option appears, where you can ask Evrart to help you remove the body from the tree - Could you please help me get a dead body down from a tree?.
If you don't know where to look for the head of the union, check out Where is Evrart Claire?.
Evrart Claire won't want to get involved at first, but Kim will cut into the conversation, saying the man has been hanged in the cargo belt, so the Union certainly has something to do with it. Select the dialog option Yeah, the belt thing and Evrart will agree to help and send you to his trusted man, Measurehead.
Go where Measurehead is and talk to him. Choose the following dialog options when you have the chance:
- You're right about this. Now I need you to help me get that corpse down from the tree: the man will not want to cooperate at first;
- Evrart told you to help us get the body down from the tree: you will convince him that the order comes straight from Evrart;
- Okay then: agree that you will watch the bridge when Measurehead goes to get the body down from the tree.
If you don't know where to look for Evrart's trusted man, check out Measurehead - where is he?.
Once the man has done his job and comes back, you can thank him for his help and cooperation. The body was taken down, so you can go back to the scene and conduct a field autopsy (the Perform field autopsy quest).