On this page of the Assassin's Creed Valhalla guide, you will find a detailed walkthrough of the Closing the Vault quest.
Feeling that their investigation is nearing its end, Eivor and Ljufvina head to the archives to confirm their suspicions about the Vault identity.
Reward: 3400 XP.
Return to Ljufvina
After you've managed eliminate The Needle, it's time to return to Ljufvina and report back. Interestingly, Needle used the seal of the council. Apparently, the Red Hand has his man among the council members.
Reach Jorvik's archives
You will find several scrolls in the archives. One of them contains a list of goods needed at Jorvik for the Yule feast, written by Audun's hand. Some expensive goods have already been purchased and crossed off the list, although the city treasury is empty.
You will find a letter marked with the seal of the council in the corner of the room. In it, Hjorr wrote which goods could be brought to the marketplace for melting. He does not want to tell his wife about this.
Smash the boards blocking the entrance to the hidden room and explore it. There was wine stored inside, but it had already been taken. It is possible that the beverage intended for the feast was poisoned.
Reach the Yuletide feast
The feast will be held at the Arena in Jorvik. When you get there, talk to Ljufvina to discuss the plan.
It's time to question all the council members and see if any of them accidentally reveal their true identity.
- Hjorr: an old friend of Eivor's claims, that he can't get drunk with wine because he can't show himself to people in such a state;
- Audun: the man is very pleased with himself that he managed to give a feast. When Eivor offers to drink wine, Audun hastily refuses and says that the wine is meant for the people of Jorvik. He won't drink it himself, but he encourages Eivor to drink as much as he wants once it is served;
- Faravid: the warrior is immediately eager to have a drink with Eivor but offers beer instead of wine;
- Ricsige: when you tell a man that the wine intended for the feast is sour, he immediately responds by telling his men to pour it out. He further adds that he will tell to bring you wine from his private stock.
The Vault is Audun, and here are pieces of evidence.
- A man organized a feast and spent it although there was no money in the treasury for it;
- Audun was the only one who got confused the moment Eivor mentioned drinking wine;
- He says he won't drink it himself and that the wine is for residents only;
- He is the only one who knows that the wine has not yet been served;
- You had seen him earlier in the company of the Abess, who turned out to be The Firebrand.
What happens when you pick the wrong person? In fact, nothing. You will move on to the next stage of the quest, and Audun will reveal his identity anyway.
Assassinate The Vault
After a while, you will watch a cutscene in which Audun introduces the guests of honor, the Lords of Jorvik, to everyone who has arrived. All who taste the wine will be poisoned, and Audun will reveal his true identity.
The Red Hand's men will appear, but your main target is the Vault, who will immediately throw himself into flight. Catch up with your opponent, then eliminate him and confirm the kill.
After the fight, talk to Ljufvina and then head to the royal residence to speak with Ricsige. During a cutscene, Eivor will tell Ricsige about involved in the conspiracy and that the threat has been neutralized.
You will also be able to advise Ricsige on what to do with the silver that still remains in the sewers beneath the city.
- Give it to the merchants: the silver will return to the merchants from whom it was stolen. However, you will not gain any discount on the goods they sell;
- Fund Halfdan's war: You support Halfdan in his fight against the Picts. Jarl will mention later that the money should have been spent for another purpose, but what's done is done.
You will gain an alliance with Jorvik, and the quest will end. As a reward, you will receive 5,100 XP.