On this page of or guide for Assassin's Creed Valhalla you will find a description of an important choice in the Essexe region, which you will have to make during the mission called Old Wounds.
The choice takes place in the final stage of Old Wounds. When you and Rollo return his camp, all you find there is a battlefield: corpses of warriors and two tied prisoners. There is no trace of the rest of the Normans. Someone betrayed Rollo and Eivor must find out who it was. Gerhild and Lork are among the suspects.
The traitor is Gerhild, and there there are numerous evidence of this.
- There is enough food in the camp to feed the entire crew for a few days so they both lied about the hunt. Rollo says that Gerhild is a terrible hunter and was very surprised that she could've went hunting. He did not say that about Lork;
- Lork said he is under oath to Rollo's father and if he wanted to finish him off, he would have done it long ago;
- A hiding place in high grass confirms Lork's alibi - the man could hide there when the Saxons came;
- Gerhild is jealous of Rollo and claims he neglects his people by sleeping with the enemy;
- Lork saw Gerhild talking to a Saxon from his hiding place - it is possible that this is the alleged lover the woman mentioned during the conversation.
Choosing the wrong traitor - consequences
If you identify the wrong traitor and Gerhild survives, she will try to make it harder for Estrid to escape to France. When the soldiers start shooting, one of the arrows will hit Estrid. in the side The woman will be severely injured, but will survive and sail away from England.
If you point out wrong traitor traitor and Lork dies instead of Gerhild, Rollo will not change his attitude towards Eivor. The man will be loyal to the Raven Clan and will later join its raider crew.