On this page of the Assassin's Creed Valhalla guide, you will find a detailed walkthrough for the War Weary mission.
Ivarr and his people came to Sciropescire to pressure Rhodrim, king of the British people, and force him to negotiate peace. Bishop Deorlaf does what he can to ensure that the negotiations are not interrupted.
Rewards: 5100 XP.
- Find and speak with Ceolbert
- Follow Ceolbert
- Clear out the Briton soldiers in Quatford
- Speak to Deorlaf
Find and speak with Ceolbert
You will find Ceolbert in the feast hall on the slope. The boy takes wrestling lessons from Eivor's old friend, Ivarr. As it turns out, Ceolwulf's goal is to make his son rule the county.
After the conversation, leave the building, get on your horse and go with Ceolbert to meet King Rhodrius and bishop Deorlaf.
During Rhodri's argument with Ivarr, you will be able to choose one of three dialogue options. You can choose whichever you want because it will not change the further course of events anyway.
After a while, the bishop will ask Eivor for a private conversation and say that he has a large amount of silver (650 coins). Eivor is supposed to talk to the people who have gathered in the cathedral and if the money will get them to make peace he is supposed to promise to pay them.
- Ynyr AP Cadfarch: giving silver to one of Rhodri's men will make you lose it. The man will say that he will whisper a word to the king but he will not do that. When a riot breaks out, he will escape;
- Lady Angharad: the king's wife will gladly accept silver because the royal treasury has been empty for a long time. Later, as a token of gratitude, he will give you a silver Briton Cloak Brooch worth 38 silver. Another investment that misses the target;
- Ivarr: by giving silver to Ivarr you will lose it irretrievably because he will exchange it for a gold ring later. And you cann't stop him from starting the massacre;
- Ap Merfyn Star: by giving silver to King Rhodri's brother, you will quickly recover it. When Ivarr goes on a rampage, he will kill Gwiard and you can rob his body and take the money;
- Keep the silver: you can lie to the bishop and keep the silver to yourself. This decision will not have any negative consequences.
Once you have decided who the silver should go to, inform the bishop about your decision.
The best solution will be to give the silver to Gwiard or keep it for yourself. In both cases, the money will remain in your pocket.
Ivar will loose his temper and kill Gwiard. The king will be led out of the church, but will leave his people inside. Defeat all foes.
Clear out the Briton soldiers in Quatford
After leaving the church, you must eliminate all the king's men who stayed in Quatford. Ivar and Ceolbert, as well as other Vikings, will help you fight. First, clean the area in front of the church.
Then go to the river and help in the fight with the rest of Rhodri's soldiers. When the last soldier dies, go back to bishop Deorlaf and talk to him.
Speak to Deorlaf
As soon as you enter the church you will see a cutscene in which the bishop accuses Ivarra of murdering King Rhodri's brother and missing his only chance for peace. During the conversation, you can speak about the Ivarr's deed.
- Ivarr was wrong: you threaten Ivarr not to behave like that anymore;
- Ivarr wasright: you support Ivarr's actions and claim that Rhodri did not come here to make peace;
- WhatIvarr did no longer matters: you're saying that the deed no longer matters because the peace is off the table anyway.
No matter which dialogue option you choose, you will go on to plan how to force King Rhodri to start peace talks.
After the conversation, the mission will end and you will receive 5100 XP as a reward.