On this page of our guide we have included detailed information on how to unlock the best ending in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. You will learn what the requirements for a good ending of the adventure are and how to meet the requirements necessary to see the best ending.
For obvious reasons, this page contains big spoilers about the campaign's finale and some key story events - important choices that come up during the game.
- What is the best ending in Assassin's Creed Valhalla?
- What important choices influence Sigurd's attitude?
- Consequences of our decisions and choice of ending
What is the best ending in Assassin's Creed Valhalla?
There are two informal endings in AC Valhalla - one of them can be called a good / best end and the other a bad end. Both endings focus on the character of Sgurd, the jarl, to which Eivor is subject and which is one of the most important characters of the game. There will be several important choices waiting for you when progressing through the campaign and how you will act in them will influence what ending will be displayed in the adventure's finale.
Regardless of the Sigurd's storyline, there is also the thread of Order of the Ancients, whose main purpose is to identify and eliminate the leader of the Order. This thread is unrelated to the main story and is completely optional - we have described it in detail in a separate chapter of our guide, titled Order of the Ancients
What important choices influence Sigurd's attitude?
There are 5 important choices related to Sigurd in the game. Each of these choices can improve or worsen Sigurd's attitude towards Eivor.
Important choice 1/5 - Taking materials to England. The decision is made at the end of the starting saga - the quest line in Norway, when Sigurd, Eivor and other Vikings set out to conquer England. This is the main quest titled The Seas of Fate.
- Leaving the materials in Norway (in the hands of Styrbjorn - Sigurd's father) will improve Sigurd's attitude.
- Taking the materials with you to England (to use for the expansion of the first settlement and ignoring the fact that the raw materials belonged to Styrbjorn) will cause a deterioration in Sigurd's attitude.
Important choice 2/5 - Romance with Randvi. The opportunity for this romance appears at an early stage of the game. In our case, this topic appeared after completing the East Anglia quest line. The beginning of romance with Randvi and its course are described in a separate chapter of the guide - it's the side quest titled Taken for Granted.
- Rejecting Randvi's advances after he spontaneously kisses Eivor (dialogue options of staying friends and this not being the right time for a romance) will improve Sigurd's attitude.
- Romancing Randvi in Sigurd's absence will cause Sigurd's attitude to deteriorate.
Important choice 3/5 - Confrontation with Sigurd and Basim in Oxenefordscire. A confrontation with these characters takes place while completing the storyline in Oxenefordscire region, specifically in the main mission called Blood from a Stone.
- Refraining from punching Sigurd and Basim will improve Sigurd's attitude.
- Punching Basim and then Sigurd (both must occur) will cause deterioration of Siegurd's attitude.
Important choice 4/5 - Decision on defeated Dag. The confrontation with Dag will take place after completing the storyline in Cent region. Dag will challenge Eivor to a duel for leadership over the clan in Sigurd's absence. The game takes into account the decision that is made by kneeling near defeated, dying Dag. The confrontation itself is described in more detail on the page titled Dag's axe - give it to him or not?
- Giving Dag his axe and allowing him to get to Valhalla will improve Sigurd's attitude.
- Refusing Dag his axe and "sending him" to Helheim will make Sigurds's attitude worse.
Importnat choice 5/5 - Sigurd's judgment on Gudrun and Holger. The scene from the judgment of another quarrel between these characters is triggered after completing the questlines in Suthsexe and Essexe. Eivor will initially want to give a verdict, but eventually he will be replaced by Sigurd, who, as the current jarl, will make the final decision.
- Agreeing with Sigurd's judgment will improve Sigurd's attitude.
- Opposing Sigurd's judgment will decrease Sigurd's attitude towards you.
Consequences of our decisions and choice of ending
Sigurd and the game will "follow" your choices in the finale of the main storyline, i.e. when visiting a mysterious location in the Hordafylke region - the main quest A Brother's Keeper's.
After defeating Basim, Sigurd will summarize your relationship to date , displaying the choices that determined his decision.
If you want to see the best ending, the number of decisions in favor of Sigurd must prevail, i.e. one of three situations must occur:
- 5 times you have chosen to favor Sigurd, 0 times to oppose him.
- 4 times you have chosen a choice favorable to Sigurd, 1 time against him.
- 3 times you have chosen to favor Sigurd, 2 times against him.
The best ending in Assassin's Creed Valhalla means that Sigurd decides to stay in England with Eivor. Sigurd will relinquish the title of yarl, removing himself to the sidelines and appoint Eivor as the new leader of the Raven clan. Eivor's relationship with Sigurd will remain friendly.
If, for a change, decisions against Sigurd prevail, the "worse" ending will be displayed - Sigurd decides to stay in Norway and not return to England with Eivor after all the events of the campaign's finale.