On this page of our guide for Assassin's Creed Valhalla we've included some universal tips on how to complete the main storyline of the game faster, i.e. how to quickly reach the final events of the campaign, concerning Sigurd, Eivor and Layla from the contemporary thread.
You may be interested in completing AC Valhalla faster for various reasons. Two main reasons are:
- You have a limited amount of time at your disposal, and you would still like to see the finale of Assassin's Creed Valhalla's campaign.
- You are not interested in most of the optional content and are planning to focus entirely or largely on the main plot.
Here's a number of tips and information related to fast-paced playthroughs:
- You can't expect to finish the game in a few or even a dozen hours. Even if you plan to complete the main quests one by one, the game will quickly cool down your enthusiasm. This is because each successive region has a recommended, progressively Power level for Eivor and ignoring it can lead to serious problems - enemies will be too strong for the main character. Unfortunately, you also have to increase Eivor's power by other means, apart from the main quests - we have described this topic in more detail on the page titled Grind - is it excessive?
- You don't have to wait until Eivor's power level is equal to that of the region. This is only a suggestion of how strong Eivor should be. Generally, try not to enter a new region and start new main missions if Eivor's power is more than 30 points lower than recommended (this is additionally symbolized by the red color). That said, you can play a character that is slightly weaker than the recommended Power value.
- As the next region to be completed, always choose the one with the lowest level of power from among the available ones, i.e. those visible on Alliance map. This will reduce the potential grind, because usually this type of region will have a recommended power about 30 points higher than the previous region. We do not advise to choose much stronger regions right away, because you will still have to return to the weaker ones you have skipped anyway. The suggested order of visiting locations in the game is presented on the page titled Regions/territories - exploration order?
- If you want to develop Power quickly, choose activities that guarantee a lot of xp for relatively little work. A great idea is to use World Events, which do not have to be long and which guarantee 1200xp. In addition, it is worth visiting large bandit camps - you can easily earn experience points by eliminating elite enemies and finding Wealth in these locations (often 2-3 wealths per 1 enemy location). You can find more advice on the page titled Experience - how to get it quickly?
- Skill points required to increase Eivor's power can also be gained in other ways, not only by leveling up the character. They can be awarded for completing specific locations (e.g. carins or standing stone puzzles) and for defeating optional bosses (e.g. zealots or legendary animals). If you feel that you are able to deal with the optional activity rewarded with skill point(s) quite quickly, we recommend that you decide on such a step. The list of locations with "free" development points can be found on the page titled Suggested power - what does it mean?
- Visiting and completing quests in Asgard and Vinland is not required to complete the main storyline. These are optional lands where no main quests are completed. You can easily leave them for later, although it is still worthwhile to at least take care of their quests. Tasks in Asgard and Vinland have interesting content and you will be able to gain a few or even a dozen development points when you complete them.
- And finally, if an optional activity takes too long, you can just ignore it or save it for later. There are many different activities of the same type in the game and if, for example, you waste your time finding a secret or winning a duel with optional boss, it is best to let it go and look for other, less time-consuming challenges.