On this page of the Assassin's Creed Valhalla guide, you will find a detailed walkthrough for the Bleeding the Leech quest.
Eivor helps Erke to investigate the murders committed by the Leech, one of the Compass's people. Eivor hopes that when his underlings are eliminated, The Compass will come out of hiding straight into their hands.
Rewards: 5100 XP.
- Meet Erke by the docks
- Find the contact's meeting point
- Find and interrogate the blacksmith
- Find and assassinate The Leech
Meet Erke by the docks
Go to a designated place to talk to Erke. The man will explain to you that the Leech is working hard. People find new bodies, victims of his atrocity, every day. Gyda will join the conversation – he is worried about the fate of her daughter, Regina. She hasn't seen her for two days.
Find the contact's meeting point
Regna worked for the blacksmith – he often sent her to the docks after dark. The girl was supposedly seen wandering under the Lunden bridge in the evening, too.
The informant Eivor is looking for appears only at night – you can use the meditation to speed the time. When you get to the designated place, hide behind the chest. This will trigger a cut-scene.
Follow the man who appeared under the bridge. Be careful, however, because he is extremely vigilant and can easily realize that he is being followed. Before he leads you to the destination, he will make 3 stops along the way. If he sees you, he will immediately start escaping.
However, getting spotted won't affect the plot. It will simply alert the camp full of guards right away – it will be harder for you to sneak in quietly.
Find and interrogate the blacksmith
The man will lead you to the Bodilsburg Garrison, a tightly guarded place. You can finish off all the guards in the garrison or just the elite leader to get the key - the choice is yours.
Watch out for the alarm bell. As soon as Eivor is discovered, one of the guards will try to sound an alarm and call the whole garrison. Shoot down the bell to make it unusable.
You will find the blacksmith behind closed doors in the center of the garrison. Go inside and talk to him.
You can make the conversation go in a few different ways. Below you will find all solutions.
- I'm the one asking questions: The blacksmith will reveal to you that Regna was ill and she was sent to Sister Frideswid. After that, you will fight the blacksmith;
- I'm a friend: You convince the blacksmith that you are a friend – he will reveal the details. After that, you will fight the blacksmith;
- I'm a member of the Order: If you tell the blacksmith that you belong to the Order and show him the talisman with the engraved tree, he will be happy to tell you everything you need. Otherwise, you will get three additional dialogue options to convince him to do so;
- Never compromise the Order: You will fail at bluffing. The blacksmith will attack. Loot his corpse to collect the necessary information and take the note from the table;
- The Order is eternal: You will fail at bluffing. The blacksmith will attack. Loot his corpse to collect the necessary information and take the note from the table;
- Father of Understanding guide us: This is the correct answer. The blacksmith will believe your words and will voluntarily give you information about the Leech. There will be no fight.
Find and assassinate The Leech
You will find the Leech in a well-guarded building in the very center of Lunden. You can eliminate all the guards stationing outside first or enter the building right away.
You can attack Sister Frideswid (THe Leech) from above and kill her with the hidden blade.
After that, return to the port to give Erke your report. During the conversation, you will show him the Leech's book - records of her research on the secrets of human life. Erke will tell you that he wants to burn this cursed book – you can answer him in two different ways.
- Burn it: Eivor throws the book into the fire. Together with Erke, they admit that this knowledge, although very useful, is not worth the price you had to pay for it;
- Keep it: You explain that despite Sister Frideswid's cruel methods, the knowledge contained there is very valuable because it describes methods of treating any ailments and is worth keeping. Erke admits you are right and says that the others' sacrifices cannot go to waste. After returning to Ravensthorpe, you can put the book in your room, on a bench at the end of the bed.
After the conversation, the mission will end and you will receive 5,100 XP as a reward.
Your choice will have no influence on the further plot of Assassin's Creed Valhalla.