On this page of our guide for Assassin's Creed Valhalla you will find a description of an important choice in the Grantebridgescire region that you will have to make in the Stench of Treachery mission.
The choice takes place in the final stage of the mission titled Stench of Treachery. Soma was betrayed by one of her advisors: Galinna, Lifa or Birna. She is unable to find enough evidence by herself, so she asks Eivor for help. After the investigation, you can accuse one of Soma's trusted men.
Who is Soma's traitor?
The traitor is Galinn. There is a lot of evidence against him:
- He is the only one who has no alibi;
- Lif and Birna were captured by the Saxons, and Galinn was only chased by wolves;
- Galinn explained himself with strange visions;
- The yellow longship found in the marshes was linked to Galinn;
- Galinn kills Wigmund's captured soldier.
If you identify the traitor at this stage of the task, you will sign a death sentence on one of the other members of Soma's inner circle. Galinn will also try to finish off the counselor who was not executed first - he will suffer severe wounds, but Eivor claims he will survive. By leaving the true traitor alive you will also have to face him in battle. Passing the wrong judgement will also cause a significant deterioration of relations with Soma, and Birna will not join Eivor's team.