On this page of the guide you will find information whether the grind in Assassin's Creed Valhalla is long and tiring. We explain specifically whether it is necessary to complete a large number of side missions and activities in order for the hero to be able to perform story tasks.
- The Grind in AC Valhalla is present to some extent, i.e. you must be aware that you may be forced to earn additional experience/skill points in order to be able to complete story quests. Fortunately, grind is not as serious as in the previous version of the series - Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
- Eivor's progress in the game is determined by his power level, which we have described in more detail on the Suggested Regional Power page. Avoid exploring regions and completing quests marked in red. These are the markings that inform you that completing a given activity/quest may be too difficult for your hero. It is best to return to all such quests or activities only after making Eivor stronger, i.e. raising its power level.
- There is no need for grinding if you want to continue with story quests. The recommended power level for the regions where the next main missions are included is slowly increasing. Most of the time you should be doing well without completing side activities that guarantee xp.
- The story missions can be completed successfully even if you have a slightly lower level than recommended, e.g. 10-15 points lower. Even then, Eivor should be able to cope with most of the fights and hostile confrontations that occur within the task. The exception can be difficult boss battles that are obligatory.
- There are no xp boosters in the game, but the game contains numerous ways of quickly gathering experience and skill points. You can, among other things, engage in favorably rewarded events in the game world, or visit the side locations, which give additional XP. This should allow you to increase the current hero's power level to the recommended one in quite comfortable conditions.
- Themain plot itself is long and will probably take you several dozen hours to complete. However, this is not because of the need to grind for hours before starting the next main task, but simply because of the large number of main missions and storylines required to complete the game.
- Some optional activities may be more difficult, e.g. fighting difficult fights with fanatics, Lerion's daughters, or legendary animals. However, all such activities can be postponed and none of them will be lost (except for time-limited daily quests).