On this page of the Assassin's Creed Valhalla Guide you can find out if you can have your own pets in the game, i.e. pets friendly to Eivor that can accompany him on his adventures and help win fights.
Horse and raven
Eivor is accompanied by a horse and a raven almost from the very beginning of the game.
- Eivor can use a horse to travel the game world faster. It is also possible to fight without getting off the horse. When riding on horseback, you can use your bow. Eivor does not use melee weapons on horseback - can only kick enemies or wild animals that are close to his mount. It is worth noting that Eivor doesn't use a single horse throughout the game. You can change horses and acquire new mounts during the course of the game.
- Raven is used exclusively for reconnaissance. It can find secrets, locate opponents, or explore quest-related locations.
These two animals cannot be killed or lost. As a result, you don't have to escape when your mount got seriously injured during combat. Even if your horse dies, you will be able to summon another.
The game allows you to train your horse. In order to do this you have to build a stable and an aviary in the settlement. To get to the new levels, you need to spend money (silver - the main currency of the game), but the new abilities will surely come in handy. You can:
- Teach the horse to swim - Not only does it help you to overcome certain obstacles encountered in the game world (you don't have to swim or use the boat so often), but it also allows you to win the Sea Horse Trophy.
- Increase your horse's stamina - This will allow you to gallop longer, mainly useful when exploring new regions of the map.
- Expand the horse's health bar - the risk of the horse's dying during combat is reduced.
You can change the appearance of your horse and raven. New skins for the horse and raven can be unlocked through:
- Buying them with silver at the stable and the aviary.
- Buying them with Helix credits (real money) in the game store.
Alternatives for the horse and raven
As part of Ubisoft Connect's loyalty program, you can also unlock the Senu eagle, which belonged to Bayek in Assassin 's Creed Origins. It will replace the "default" raven, but this is purely a cosmetic feature. It costs 60 Units.
During your stay in Asgard, you will use an alternative mount. This change is purely cosmetic; there's no difference as far as controls and combat are concerned.
If you have the Ultimate edition or you purchased the Berserker Pack (it costs 1500 Helix Credits in the game store), you can use a giant wolf mount named Hati.
Eivor can befriend a fox in Oxenefordscire. Visit the location with A Dog's Rescue event shown in the picture. The woman begs to rescue her pet from the burning house. After you release the fox, the dying woman will ask to take care of her pet.
From that moment on, the fox may appear near Eivor at random moments of the game and accompany them. The animal may also appear in the settlement. Unfortunately, you can't pet the fox. It also won't accompany you in fights.
Eivor can also make friends with a wolf, but this is not as apparent as in the case of the horse and raven.
During one of the visits to Ravensthorpe, Eivor can be met by Knud, a boy who will ask for his help. This begins a side quest called A Little Problem. Reach the meeting place with the other children.
As part of the A Little Problem quest, you have to kill the boar that holds the key and then use the key to open the door to a hut. In the basement of the hut you will find an imprisoned wolf. Destroy or open the cage door to free the animal.
After going upstairs it will turn out that the wolf is tame and has friendly intentions. You can give the wolf a name - there are three different ones.
The wolf will accompany the characters on their way back to the settlement.
As a reward for completing the quest you will gain Man's Best Friend ability It allows you to summon the wolf and use it to attack enemies.
You can also find the wolf yourself when visiting the settlement again. It can be found near the main building.