On this page of the guide you will learn the answer to the question does Assassins Creed Valhalla has microtransactions and how do they work. You will also learn whether the MTX make playing the game easier.
Yes, AC Valhalla contains microtransactions. All purchases are made from the store. You can open it in the main menu or directly during the game - you must press the right arrow on the d-pad in the pause menu.
At the time of writing this guide, Assassin's Creed Valhalla doesn't offer any XP boosts that would make it easier to reach higher experience levels. However, players can make the game easier by buying unique armor and weapons, silver (the main currency in the game's world) and resources used for upgrading equipment.
Many items available in the shops are cosmetic items that don't impact the gameplay in any way. You can buy, for example, new decorations for the Viking settlements, unusual mounts, new patterns for the ship used when traveling through the world.
The premium currency in the game is called Helix Credits. It can be bought for real money. Once you progress enough through the main story, you will be awarded with 300 Helix Credits.
When browsing through the shop, you might encounter Ubisoft Connect unique items. You can buy or collect them for free through the Ubisoft Connect. The process is described on a separate page of this guide.
The main tabs of the game store are:
- Featured - Recommended items from the shop. The main screen might also include information about current offers and time-limited offers.
- Add-ons - After the game is released, DLCs to buy will start appearing here.
- Property - Here you can buy new paintings for the ship, unique ship decorations, and various decorations for the settlement.
- Character - You can buy new tattoo sets for Eivor or unique equipment sets - for example, a complete draugr or berserker set.
- Packs - Here you will find various item packs. Buying a set is cheaper than buying single items.
- Weapons - You can buy unique melee weapons (one and two-handed), bows, and shields.
- Companions - You can buy new mounts and a crow companion for Eivor.
- Utilities - You can buy gold and resources packs. They can be used for buying new items and upgrading Eivor's equipment. The game also offers treasure maps - the maps can guide you to unique equipment, books of knowledge, artifacts and ore.