On this page of Assassin's Creed Valhalla guide, you will learn about the game's protagonist – Eivor. Here you will find information about the character's relationship with the Assassins, their gender, and the available options to customize the appearance.
- Eivor - important pages in the guide
- Gender and personalisation
- Raven and Hidden Blade
- Relationship with the Assassins
Eivor - important pages in the guide
Below you will find an overview of all the most important pages about Eivor that are currently available in our guide. We have discussed such topics as the choice of the hero's gender, Eivor's development, or unlocking assassination skills.
- Changing the gender - how and why? - We inform, among others, when you can decide on Eivor's gender, is it possible to change the gender freely, and does the choice of gender affects the game in any way.
- Development and ability tree – Here you will find all the information about how to acquire and spend skill points, and how to use Eivor's unique abilities.
- How to unlock the Hidden Blade? – We explain when Eivor meets Assassins and gain access to a Hidden Blade.
- Abilities - how to unlock? - This page focuses only on the abilities. We inform how to unlock use them.
- What are the best main skills? - We have compiled the most useful skills that can give Eivor new attacks. They can clearly facilitate the game.
- Healing - how to restore health? - Read this page to learn how to restore Eivor's health and what you need for this.
- How to unlock the horse? - Learn when you can get a mount and how to call the horse.
- Changing the appearance of the character - is it possible? - You will learn how to change Eivor's hairstyle and beard, as well as getting a tattoo on their body.
- Romances - This chapter lists Eivor's available love interests. All romances in the game are available regardless of the chosen gender.
Gender and personalisation
Eivor is the leader of one of the Viking clans and the main character of AC Valhalla. You will play as them throughout the entire game. The game has an option to choose the protagonist's gender. This means that you can play as a woman or a man while keeping the story canonical.
The game does not have an extensive character creator - Eivor's general appearance can't be changed. Among the elements that you can personalize you will find hairstyle, hair color, war paints and tattoos. The creators made sure to include many options to customize the character. You shouldn't have problems with finding something for you. Additionally, as the game progresses, the hero becomes more and more powerful, which also affects their appearance.
Raven and Hidden Blade
Eivor is equipped with two important elements that make the game easier - a Hidden Blade and a raven.
Your new bird friend, Synin, will serve the same function as the eagle in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. This means that you can use it to scout the area. With its help, you will be able to locate enemies and valuable items.
In AC Valhalla, the Hidden Blade gains in importance. The creators decided to make it to work in the same way it did in the older games from the series. Therefore, once again, it is a deadly weapon that can kill most opponents with one hit. You will get it at the very beginning of the adventure.
Relationship with the Assassins
In some ways, Eivor resembles Edward Kenway from Assassin's Creed Black Flag. They are not an assassin but have connections with this organization. At the very beginning of the adventure, the player will encounter its members. It will then turn out that the goals of the protagonist and the Hidden Ones are similar. Both parties will also start cooperating. It is therefore likely that some of the British rulers are Templars.
However, the protagonist knows little about the brotherhood itself. Although they help it to a certain extent, its goals remain unknown to them.