The Remnant Architect from Eos is one of the most powerful enemies in Mass Effect: Andromeda game. The fight with this giant robot takes place later in Missing Science Group side quest (the walkthrough for that quest can be found in the separate chapter of this guide). The fight starts automatically after you get to the abandoned camp by following the missing researchers' trakcs.
Before you fight with the Architect you should prepare yourself:
- Save your progress because the fight with the Architect can be easily lost because of the robot's powerful attacks and the unfavorable weather conditions (more details below).
- The fight takes place in the area that has very unfavorable weather conditions with the environmental hazard level two. This means that your life support bar can deplete very quickly so you must replenish it regularly. You can do this by entering the destroyed buildings because in most of them the temperature is higher which means that the life support bar can be restored. An example of such place is presented in the picture above.
- Try to memorize the placement of regular supply chests before the fight. You can go back to them in order to replenish your supplies (especially the skills and powers limit).
- If you play on normal difficulty you shouldn't worry much about the selection of your team mates. However, if you play on higher difficulties then take those characters that specialize in Combat and Tech skills.
- Long range weapons are useful in attacking the Architect. Melee attacks are difficult to do because of the size of this bot and the Architect can protect himself from them. You can use an assault or a sniper rifle. In addition to that, you should equip incendiary ammo that deals a lot more damage to the boss. Also, take the sticky grenades that you can throw at boss' weak points.
During the fight with the Architect try to avoid staying in the open field. Look for buildings, walls and other objects that can be used as a cover. But DO NOT try to complete the fight using only covers because some of Architect's attacks can hurt you even if you are behind a cover. Those are Architect's special attacks where the robot throws a bunch of grenades and sends a some sort of energy wave. Fortunately, both attacks are signalled by the boss so, unless you miss the moment, you have a lot of time to run from them (when you are in those situations try to move to other places on the map). If your character can use camouflage you can use it as a substitute for covers or as their complement.
During the fight you can give orders to your team mates. When you do that, be sure to point the Architect's limbs or head as the targets. If someone was knocked out by the Architect you can try to pick up that person but be sure to do that in between the boss' attacks so you want lose all of your health points while "reviving" your team mate.
The default weak points on the Architect's "body" are the cables on his three limbs. Focus on attacking them and try to make precise shots so you won't waste your ammo and other supplies.
After dealing enough damage to the Architect's limbs you unlock the possibility of attacking the cables on his head. In this case use your best weapons and skills because by destroying the cables you win the fight.
There are two ways in which the fight with the Architect is made more difficult. The first hindrance is when the boss summons smaller Remnant bots (the strongest enemy here are Observers). When this happens you should stop attacking the Architect and take care of the rest of the Remnant. Warning - When you attack "the regular" Remnant remember to dodge the Architect's attacks, especially because he can use his most powerful abilities!
The second hindrance is that after destroying one of his limbs the Architect will start to withdraw. You don't have to use Nomad because the next fight takes place close to the where the last was stopped (you can use this occasion to refill your supplies).
As it was said earlier, in order to win you must deplete all health points from the Architect's head. When he falls to the ground run to his head and press the interaction button to establish the connection and eliminate the threat.