Companions are a key element of each Mass Effect game and the same goes for Andromeda. In this installment of the series you will also be able to select your party members. What is more, you will gain access to all of them relatively quickly, after completing about 15% of the entire game.
As mentioned, there are six companions in the game. Those are:
- Cora Harper - a human female Biotic Commando. Cora is available from the very beginning - she will join your team during the first expedition.
- Liam Kosta - a human male Crisis Specialist. He is the first one to join your team, during the prologue of the game.
- Vetra Nyx - a Turian representing Drifter Mercenary class. Similarly to the above mentioned companions, Vetra joins your party early in the game - during your first boarding of the Tempest ship, about 2-3 hours into the game.
- Pelessaria Peebee B'Sayle - a peculiar looking Asari, representing Rogue Academic class. Peebee joins the party at the end of A Better Beginning priority op, after escaping from the vault - more on that can be found in A Better Beginning in Priority Ops.
- Nakmor Drack - the oldest known Krogan in the Mass Effect world, representing Veteran Warrior class. Similarly to Peebee, Drack joins the party at the end of A Better Beginning priority op, during the process of setting up an outpost on Eos. More on that can be found in A Better Beginning in Priority Ops.
- Jaal Ama Darav - a male Angara representative, as well as the only companion in the game who is not from the Milky Way galaxy, but from the Andromeda. Jaal represents Resistance Fighter class and joins the party at the beginning of one of the priority ops, a Trail of Hope.