Just as in the core XCOM 2, in the War of the Chosen expansion, the players will have to make difficult choices regarding the facilities they want to build in their base. There's a limited amount of space available, you need to unlock the ability of building, and there's twice as much available facilities as before.
Of course, what buildings you decide to erect is entirely up to you and your current needs at the time. There, however, are a few of the facilities that we advise you to build early on in the game. These are:
- Power Relay - allows you to power the facilities in your base. You can send an engineer there, who will increase the output of energy. You can also work on certain upgrades that will let you send another engineer there, as well as to increase the overall quantity of energy output.
- Guerilla Tactics School - this provides some valuable enhancements for the soldiers. Two of them are particularly noteworthy: the one that allows increasing the number of soldiers in a team from 4 to 6. The other one is actually a set of upgrades that allow improving each soldier class later in the game.
- Resistance Comms - the facility increases the number of contacts with the Resistance, which in turn will allow you to have more control over what's going on the map as well as to increase the resource output. The facility can be upgraded and fitted with two engineers, which will further increase the number of contacts.
- Proving Ground - they are used to researching new armaments - armors, weapons, grenades or munitions. You can also create items needed for story missions and the SPARK robot, which is the 9th class in the game.
- Training Center - a new facility introduced in the expansion, which allows resetting soldiers' abilities, allowing you to relocate the points you had invested in them, as well as to unlock the abilities that are normally not available to the given class. The latter can also be done in the Advanced Tactics Center, but here, you are able to do that without any constraints. Also mind the fact that the Training Center allows you to develop soldier bonds from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd levels - more about that in the chapter devoted to relationships of soldiers.
- Resistance Ring - another new addition and at the same time one of the most important facilities. After building it, you will have an easy access to the menu used for sending soldiers on Covert Actions. Furthermore, if you upgrade the building you will be able to increase the number of active resistance orders cards, and to cut the amount of time needed to finish covert actions by 33%.