Important: The following guide is intended for mature audiences only, due to its content.
Preparation of this guide cost us a lot of work. Thus we'd like to confirm the fact that both witcher's swords are for monsters - with the steel one being intended for those in human flesh. For example the ones that like to point out a strategy guide's flaws and state that it sucks as a result of some minor omissions. Now that we have that clear, please enjoy the adventures of Geralt of Rivia.
Author: Borys "Shuck" Zajaczkowski
Translator: Krzysztof "Lordareon" Gonciarz
Hint 1: Knowing the books the game is based on is not necessary to enjoy it, but it will certainly make you appreciate some details a bit more.
About The Witcher Game Guide & Walkthrough
Author : Borys "Shuck" Zajaczkowski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Krzysztof "Lordareon" Gonciarz
last update : May 5, 2016
Guide contains : 109 pages, 161 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of The Witcher Game Guide & Walkthrough
- Kaer Morhen Courtyard - part 1 | Walkthrough The Witcher Guide.
- Chapter I | Walkthrough The Witcher Guide.
- Important Characters | Chapter I | Walkthrough The Witcher Guide.
- Map M5 - Outskirts of Vizima | Walkthrough The Witcher Guide.
- Main quests - part 1 | Chapter I | Walkthrough The Witcher Guide.
The Witcher Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: CD Projekt Red
- publisher: Atari
- platform: PC
- rated: PEGI: Age 18+ / ESRB: Mature
The Witcher represents the pinnacle of storytelling in role-playing games, shattering the line between good and evil with a world where moral ambiguity reigns. In a beautiful, rich game universe created by artists first, technology second, the player becomes his own hero in an epic, action-packed narrative uniquely defined by his actions. Returning to the roots of the role-playing genre with a fresh and modern approach, The Witcher emphasizes story and character development in a vibrant world, while incorporating tactically-deep real-time combat like no game before it.
Immersed in a vivid but harsh fantasy world, the player assumes the role of a white-haired witcher named Geralt, a renowned monster-slayer-for-hire and master swordsman with superhuman strength and reflexes. While trying to regain his lost memory, Geralt unwillingly becomes involved in a world-shaking power struggle. Created to provide entertainment for both fans of role-playing games and those seeking fast-paced action, The Witcher brings together epic storytelling and dynamic, visually stunning, and tactically deep action.
- Geralt of Rivia: a one-of-a-kind protagonist
- A charismatic and unique character, Geralt is a mutant swordmaster and professional monster slayer.
- Choose from over 250 special abilities correlated to attributes, combat skills and magical powers to build the character in a way best suited to tactical needs and style of play.
- Inspired by the writings of renowned Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski.
- Featuring adult themes, less fairy-tale than typical fantasy, with mature social issues like racism, political intrigue and genocide.
- It is a harsh world where nothing is black or white, right or wrong, often forcing players to choose between the lesser of two evils to advance.
- Full of turns, twists and ambiguous moral decisions which have real impact on the storyline.
- All quests can be accomplished in several ways and the game has three different endings depending on the player’s actions and choices throughout the adventure.
- Engage in complex yet intuitive real-time combat based on real medieval sword-fighting techniques.
- Motion capture performed by medieval fighting experts at Frankfurt’s renowned Metric Minds studio, resulting in 600 spectacular and authentic in-game combat animations.
- Six combat styles, dozens of potions, complex alchemy system, modifiable weapons and powerful magic add tactical depth to the fluid real-time experience.
The Witcher PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, graphic card 512 MB (GeForce 7900 or better), 8.5 GB HDD, Windows XP SP2/Vista