In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you will find yourself in a location called The Hidden City. Two first challenges await you in this location. They're not complicated - you'll just have to collect the right resources. You can use the raw materials collected during the challenges to craft upgrades of your equipment.
- Keep Calm and Carrion
- High Diving
- Dunkin' Bones
- Dropping Decimals
- Changing the Weather
- Speak of the Dead
Keep Calm and Carrion
This task consists in gathering Condor's feathers.
The condor's feathers are located in the nests. Nests are located on the roofs of cottages. They are not very visible among the red roofs. You can also find them among the grass, on the ground, or by the trees.
To complete this challenge - Keep Calm and Carrion, you need to get 3 condor feathers.
In this challenge you have to perform four perfect jumps into the water from special spots. As they are not marked anywhere on the map we have created a special description to make it easier to find all four jumping points.
1. The first jump into the water can be made near the Wild Jungle camp. You have to get to the top of the rocks and then jump from height into the water - Lara can hit the stone stairs, but this won't cause her death.
2. You can make this jump near the Temple Path camp site. You have to be careful there, cause with a large inrun, Lara instead of jumping into the water can bounce back from the rocks to the opposite direction.
3. The Abandoned Village Circle Has another spot to jump from.
4. The last point to jump is near Unuratu's Home camp. There, you need a knife to get to the jumping site and cut the blocked passage with it.
The challenge is to collect several skeletons. The area that includes the challenge has been marked in the screen above. This will make it easier for you to find all collectibles.
In this challenge, you have to collect the skeletons attached to the rocks. This time you have to run on them with Lara instead of shooting at them with a bow or firearms.
In order to complete the challenge you need to get 3 skeletons.
In order to start the Dropping Decimals challenge you must activate the first quipus. If you don't do this, the challenge won't start (it won't be marked on the map). quipus are spread all over The Hidden City. We have described in details where you may find the quipus. To activate a quipus you have to throw you axe in it.
- The first quipus you will find near the Temple District camp site.
- You will find a second quipus south of the Temple District camp site. It will be hung behind the stairs, near the cottage. It is located in the vicinity of the monolith.
- The last quipus you will find near the Abandoned Village camp site. On the western side of the city of Patiti.
To complete the challenge of Dropping Decimals you have to correctly grapple quipus three times.
Changing the Weather
To start the Changing the weather challenge you must go to the area marked in the map above. If you want to start the challenge you must complete the first activity of this specific challenge. If you do not do this, the challenge won't launch (it will not be marked on the map).
In the Changing the Weather challenge, you have to walk around the city and shoot down frogs' figures. They hang near homes of the inhabitants. They have a characteristic purple color.
If you want to complete a Change of Weather challenge you have to shoot down 5 frogs. There are more frogs on the map, but they will not be used as a raw material for upgrades.
Speak of the Dead
To complete this challenge you must explore all 4 crypts available in The Hidden City location. A detailed description of each of the crypts can be found on the dedicated page of our guide.