You can find Challenge Tombs in the major locations in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. In the basic version of the game there are a total of 9 tombs to find and explore. Some tombs are available from the very beginning of the game, others may force you to reach a certain point in the main storyline or have Lara's additional equipment at your disposal. In each of the tombs, Lara must solve at least one big puzzle. The reward for reaching the shrine in the last chamber of the tomb is a new skill. A detailed walkthrough of each tomb can be found in our guide.
Challenge Tombs in Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The 9 challenge tombs available in the game have been sorted based on their location. Each tomb description contains a video-walkthrough.
- Tombs in Peruvian Jungle - there are 2 challenge tombs here: Underworld Gate and Judge's Gate
- Tombs in Kuwaq Yaku - there is 1 challenge tomb here: Howling Caves
- Tombs in The Hidden City - there are 3 challenge tombs here: Temple of the Sun, Ancient Aqueduct, and Path of Battle
- Tombs in Cenotes - there is 1 challenge tomb here: San Cordoba
- Tombs in Mission of San Juan - there are 2 challenge tombs here: Thirsty Gods and Tree of Life
Rewards for exploring challenge tombs
Completing a tomb requires you to find its entrance, reach its main chamber, solve a puzzle, and reach a shrine to be examined.
- The main reward for exploring a tomb is the ability to unlock a new ability - Special skills.
- When exploring a tomb, Lara can encounter rare resources (e.g. gold ore) and various secrets (documents, murals, relics, etc.).