Kukulkan - City of the Serpent is the last location that you visit during Shadow of the Tomb Raider's storyline. Read this page to learn if you can go back to Kukulkan in the later parts of the game and see if it is possible to keep playing the game once the main storyline is completed.
Lara must visit Kukulkan during City of the Serpent main mission. Speak with Etzli in the rebels' hideout in the Hidden City. Here are a few important notes regarding this conversation:
- Telling Etzli that you are ready is a point of no return. During the final mission you can't go back to previously visited locations nor complete additional activities. Once you reach Kukulkan, you must complete the final mission.
- Kukulkan is visited once. You can't go back here after you complete the main storyline. Luckily, this is not a problem - Kukulkan doesn't feature any optional activities or secrets. That place has only one campsite which can't be missed.
- You don't have to postpone your visit in Kukulkan until later - you can play the game even after you beat the main storyline. Lara will be able to reach all the secrets, complete all the challenges and finish all the side missions.
After beating the game, you will see notifications about the new available options:
- Continue your current playthrough to reach secrets and complete optional activities (challenges, side quests etc.). This is a recommended choice if you want to complete the game in 100%.
- Start a new campaign in New Game Plus mode. Choose this option if you want to start the game from the beginning again. You keep your equipment and weapons but you lose your progress.