On this page of the Resident Evil Village guide, you will find the solution to the puzzle found during your first visit to the village. We explain how to open the castle gate and where to find the Demon Crest and Maiden Crest, which have to be placed in the gate's mechanism.
- Palce of solving the puzzle
- Finding the Demon Crest and the Maiden Crest
- Using crests and solving the puzzle
Palce of solving the puzzle
This is the first puzzle in the game. You will have to solve it during the first visit to the village.
While exploring the Graveyard, Ethan will come across a locked gate. Behind it, there is a path leading to the castle. There are two circular slots in the gate - they are for the crests.
Finding the Demon Crest and the Maiden Crest
Maiden Crest is definitely easier to find. It is on the altar inside the Church located slightly to the east of the gate with empty slots.
To obtain the Demon Crest, you must advance further in the main storyline. You will get it after completing Louisa's house. After Ethan is back outside, go to the shrine shown in the picture, open it with the screwdriver (Ethan got it in the garage with the vehicle), and take the crest.
Using crests and solving the puzzle
Take the crests back to the gate. The solution to the puzzle is simple:
1) Place the Maiden Crest in the left slot and start rotating it to match the rest of the design. Press the interaction button to merge it with the rest of the gate.
2) Place the Demon Crest in the top slot and start rotating it to match the rest of the design. Press the interaction button to merge it with the rest of the gate.
This will open the gate and allow you to move on.