The patch for Red Dead Online, released on January 10th, has introduced a few new interesting features. This page contains information on the new additions to RDO:
- Gun Rush. A new mode for up to 32 players where you can test your surviving skills. Collect weapons and ammo on an increasingly smaller map. Play alone or with a team, and survive.
Xbox One players can now access the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the Red Dead Online Beta.
Also, Rockstar has announced the following new content which will be added in the upcoming updates:
- Daily challenges. A new challenge will be available every day. Players will be able to, e.g. shoot targets or escape from the law.
- Law system and bounty improvements. Rockstar has announced that they are planning on improving the law system and bounties to reduce the toxicity between the players. Soon, players who commit a crime will receive a bounty. They have a limited amount of time in which they will have to pay for their crime. Those who won't do that right away will get chased by bounty hunters from all states.
- Parley system. The system will receive changes allowing players to avoid those who are interested only in killing others. Also, it will be easier to start feuds, posse feuds and leader feuds.
- Proximity-Based player blips. Soon, the game will mark only those players who are in the closes vicinity of your character. This will reduce the chance of being tracked from afar. Besides that, Rockstar is planning on the option to identify players who are killing others constantly - their markers will get darker and players will be able to see them from a greater distance.
What new features will be added to Red Dead Online in the future?
These new features for Red Dead Online will be added a little bit later in 2019:
- New story missions to expand the existing stories in A Land Of Opportunities - some characters will make a return, e.g. Horley and Jessica LeClerk. However, players will also be able to meet new faces.
- New dynamic events added to the game's world.
- Additional game modes for Showdown and Races.
- New weapons, clothes and other new additions - currently, these features are unknown.