This page of the guide to NieR Automata contains information on the content of the Game of the YoRHa Edition. You will also learn whether it is possible to update the old version of NieR Automata to the GotY edition.
Game of the YoRHa version - how to get?
Game of the YoRHa Edition is the name of the expanded version of NieR Automata. It offers all the core content and a number of new elements, which we have listed in the next subsection and which were not available in the original release of the game.
The digital version of NieR Automata is currently offered only as Game of the YoRHa Edition. In case of the retail version, for obvious reasons, you can still choose between the standard and YoRHa versions and we recommend the latter.
The authors did not allow for a full upgrade of the standard version of the game to the Game of the YoRHa Edition, but it is possible to purchase its most important element - the 3C3C1D119440927 DLC.
The content of the GotY edition
The Game of the YoRHa Edition offers a number of new features and bonuses. The most important ones are:
1) Cosmetic items. These are:
- Play System Pod Skin
- Cardboard Pod Skin
- Retro Grey Pod Skin
- Retro Red Pod Skin
- Grimoire Weiss Pod Skin
- Amazarashi Head Pod Skin
- Machine Mask Accessory
These items are available in the inventory from the very beginning of the game. You can use them to change the color of the pod or completely change its appearance, as well as control a character with a huge head. These are cosmetics, so they don't affect the character stats in any way.
2) new battle arenas. They are related to side quests of the game:
- Trial of Sand - visit the page dedicated to quests available in the Desert Zone.
- Gambler's Colosseum - visit the page dedicated to quests available in the Flooded City.
- Underground Colosseum - visit the page dedicated to quests available in the Forest Zone. Only 9S can complete this task, so you'll have to wait until youreach Route B.
Each of the arenas features increasingly more challenging fights. Winning the fights involves receiving valuable rewards, including new outfits for the 3 playable characters which are also cosmetic items. This refers to:
- the Revealing Outfit for 2B,
- the Young Man's Outfit for 9S,
- the Destroyer outfit for A2.
3) Dynamic Theme and set of Avatars. These gifts only apply to the PS4 version.