This page of the guide to NieR Automata explains how to unlock the Secret Shop with trophies and achievements. It is useful if you have trouble getting some trophies and prefer to pay for them to get them easier.
- In NieR Automata there are a total of 48 achievements (1 of which is a platinum trophy available only on PS4 and PS5). Trophies can be won by meeting their requirements or "cheating" and buying them for gold - the main currency in the game. This can be an interesting option, because some trophies force a grind or simply spending a lot of time with the game. By purchasing them, you can save several or even dozens of hours of playing time.
- The trophy shop is not immediately available. You won't be able to access it until you've completed all the campaign chapters. It is good to plan the purchase of trophies in advance and try not to spend gold on a regular basis as you progress through the game. Additionally, try collect as much loot as possible so you can sell it later if you need to. The reason for it is that you need to pay for unlocking individual trophies (more on this below).
- Using the trophy shop only unlocks the missing achievements. However, this will not automatically fill their requirements. For example, if you purchase a trophy for owning a collection of weapons, the missing weapons will not suddenly appear in your inventory. The purpose of the described action is only to unlock achievements in the system in order to get the platinum trophy or 100% of the achievements.
Gaining access to the secret trophy shop
In order to secure access to the secret trophy shop, you must complete Chapter 17 as part of playing Route C and D. It does not matter if you choose to unlock the C or D ending.
After the end credits, you will receive information that the Strange Resistance Woman from the Resistance Camp has a new subject to talk about.
Trophies for gold - how to buy?
From the main menu, select the option to load the save file from the finished game, and then choose Chapter Select. You can load any chapter from the ones where you can easily reach the Resistance Camp. For example, it could be Chapter 13, which begins at this location.
Note - after reaching the Resistance Camp create a new save file on a separate slot. The reason for this is that the game will automatically overwrite the game state after you purchase each achievement and you can unintentionally remove the gold you had on the old save.
In the Resistance Camp, find the NPC Strange Resistance Woman. As a reminder, this character has appeared before and could be asked about various game mechanics. During the conversation, the woman will confirm that the option to buy Accolades, i.e. trophies / achievements has been unlocked.
Select a new option from the dialogue prompts list Request unlocking you-know-what.
In the new window Secret Shop a list of trophies will appear, including both the ones you already have and the ones you don't. You can now start shopping:
- Each bronze trophy costs 50000G.
- Each silver trophy costs 100000G.
- Each gold trophy costs 200000G.
- You don't have to buy the platinum trophy. It will be unlocked automatically when all other trophies are obtained.
If you do not have enough gold to buy all the trophies, then after making a few purchases, load the previous save (from another slot) or sell some of the items from the inventory to local traders (e.g. very valuable Machine Cores).