In this chapter of the Metro Exodus Sam's Story guide, you will find the answer to the question - How to get the good ending.
To get the good ending you have to:
- During your first encounter with the Captain, lower the weapon and stop aiming at him.
- Help the Captain move the wooden barricade during the second meeting with him.
- Let the sniper who shot at you live - stun the enemy.
- When you meet the captain in his apartment, share your food with him as soon as the lights go out.
- While you are at his apartment, set 5 traps with Molotov cocktails before heading out.
- Search the area after defeating the bat demon. One of the question marks will lead you to the crew's bodies - find them for the Captain's sake.
- Once you get the detonator at the end of the game, decide that you want to blow up the boat.
This is how you will see the best ending! You will also receive A Man of Principle trophy/achievement.