Game guide to Layers of Fear 2 offers a detailed and comprehensive walkthrough for the newest game by Bloober Team studios. In the walkthrough we have described all five acts that have to be completed in order to complete the whole game. Our detailed description has solutions to environmental riddles, info about interactive items you may use during the gameplay and hints about choices that lead to various endings of the game. All difficult moments of the game have been described in superior detail and additionally enriched with high-quality images.
Puzzles and riddles of Layers of Fear 2 have been described in detail in a separate section of our guide. This chapter should be useful if you're just looking for a solution to a particular puzzle and don't want to spoil your fun by reading the entire walkthrough. From the description of each major riddle you will learn where it is located and what actions should be taken to complete it successfully. Our guide is concluded with a trophy guide section. Our trophy guide contains a list of all available trophies and explains how you can unlock every achievement.
Layers of Fear 2 is a sequel to the popular horror game from 2016. It's an adventure FPP game with elements of action, in which we are engaged in exploration of subsequent locations, solving puzzles, collecting items and evading potential threats. The action of the second part takes place on board of a ship, and just as in the first installment during our exploration of the location we witness a lot of disorienting or paranormal phenomena.
- I'm looking for a solution to a puzzle
- Starting Tips
- Can you die in Layers of Fear 2?
- Can I save my game?
- Can I turn off the black and white filter effect?
- How do I open the inventory window?
- Basic PC Controls and Key Binds in Layers of Fear 2
- What computer is required to play Layers of Fear 2?
- Color markings in the manual
I'm looking for a solution to a puzzle
Welcome to the Puzzles & Riddles section of our Layers of Fear 2 game guide. We have divided this chapter accordingly to all acts of the game. Each complex puzzle has its own page. You will learn, step by step, what actions should be taken to solve it.
- Whispers mean that there is some kind of interactive item nearby. Once you hear a whisper, always look for an interactive item, which you can check. During your study you may hear an additional commentary.
- You can display the transcription of hard-to-read text. You may have problems reading the text, for example, when you find a letter left by a child. It is enough to press the transcription key. By doing so, a plain and normal text shall appear on the screen. (Example is shown in the image above.)
- The hero's cabin is his base. You return to your cabin after passing each act of the game. After that, you should look around again, because you can perform new actions (for example, view slides you have found) or find new interactive items.
- You cannot return to previous locations. Try to thoroughly explore each new place you visit. Moving too quickly to another area can cause the doors to close behind you, and you will not be able to return, for a collectible.
- It is recommended to play with headphones. The authors of the game recommend to play the game with headphones. It's worth to know that Layers of Fear 2 contains so-called. jump scares, which can be more intense, although there is less amount of such "scare-crows" than in the previous installment of the series.
- The game can be confusing. You just have to get used to it. Do not be surprised if you suddenly find yourself in some new place, or, for example, when you reopen the same door there will be completely different places suitable for exploration. The consolation is that there is always only one way that leads to the main objective, which means that you cannot get lost.
Can you die in Layers of Fear 2?
Yes, in some scenes and stages the life of your hero may be in danger. All these difficult places are discussed in detail in our walkthrough. When you fail a scene the game will display the screen with a message informing you about the death of the hero (example shown in the picture). You can choose to continue and repeat this scene from the last checkpoint.
Extra Note - Hero's death can block access to some achievements. The same applies to the situation when, for example, you made some mistake. So if you do not solve a puzzle during your first try.
Can I save my game?
No, Layers of Fear 2 does not allow you to create manual save games. After pausing the game, you only can return to the main menu. You have to rely on autosaves, which are created when you reach each new location (the save icon appears in the lower left corner of the screen).
The lack of manual saves can make it difficult for you, for example, to get trophies awarded for mutually exclusive actions or for completing puzzles without making mistakes. If you're playing on a PC or PS4, you can "cheat" the game by backing up your saves. After you make a mistake, you can load the old save and play that scene again.
The PC version of Layers of Fear 2 stores saves in the following hidden directory by default:
Can I turn off the black and white filter effect?
Black and white filter automatically appears in certain stages of the game. You can't turn it off because it's an artistic measure of the game designed by game developers. The black and white filter is not active throughout the whole game. In some scenes, the game restores the default image settings or enables other filters.
How do I open the inventory window?
In Layers of Fear 2 there is no inventory window. You can only view the icons of all currently collected items by holding the inventory button (TAB key in PC version). Movable and currently-in-use items appear in the lower right corner of the screen (example shown in the picture).
The list of items doesn't take into account the items you just viewed or studied. It only counts in everything you have picked up. In addition, items from the inventory are removed from it after the completion of each act of the game.
Basic PC Controls and Key Binds in Layers of Fear 2
Controls and key binds in Layers of Fear 2 are not very difficult. Below we have collected the most important key bindings and full controls for the PC version.
Moving the mouse may also be required after you interact with some item (e.g., turn the knob).
Interaction. With each interactive item some sort of icon will appears (for example, hands), after being close enough to it.
Zoom image. You can use this, for example, when you want to look at some items in close-up.
When you perform other actions by clicking RMB it may lead to the cancellation of this action.
Crouch. It is useful, for example, when you need to hide or go through the ventilation shaft.
Run. It is especially useful in places where you need to run away from someone.
Transcription. Use it if you have problems reading a document. A plain and readable text will appear. This way you will find out what is it about much faster.
What computer is required to play Layers of Fear 2?
Layers of Fear 2 has small system requirements and can be successfully run even on a few years old equipment. Below we have prepared the minimum system requirements for the PC version of Layers of Fear 2.
- Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3 3.4 GHz or AMD A8-7600 3.1 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- DirectX Version: 11
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270
- HDD Space: 10 GB HDD
Color markings in the manual
In our guide to Layers of Fear 2 we have used the following color markings:
- With Green color we have marked items suitable for picking up and worth taking.
- In Orange color, we have marked items that can only be viewed or used (for example various types of levers).
- Bold appears in important places in the guide. For example, it can warn you about places where the hero can die.
About Layers of Fear 2 Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Translator : Jakub "Yossarian" Nowak
last update : May 24, 2019
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Layers of Fear 2 Video Game
- genre: Adventure
- developer: Bloober Team
- publisher: Gun Media
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
The second installment of a horror adventure game cycle, developed by the Polish studio Bloober Team. In Layers of Fear 2, we get aboard a ship on the high seas and take part in the making of another masterpiece film.
Layers of Fear 2 is a continuation of a horror adventure game from 2016. The production was developed by Bloober Team, the authors of the original. The game was released by Gun Media. The title was initially known as Project Melies, a reference to the name of one of the cinema's pioneers, Georges Mélies.
In Layers of Fear 2 players once again play as the artist whose aim is to complete his masterpiece. This time, however, we are not talking about a picture, but about a movie. The mansion know from the first game was replaced with a ship sailing on an open sea.
The action in Layers of Fear 2 is presented from the first person perspective (FPP). The gameplay consists primarily of walking around the ship's deck and observing the paranormal phenomena taking place on it, as well as gradually discovering the history of the protagonist, by reading notes scattered around the locations or listening to the hero's memories. Besides, the game does not lack logical and environmental puzzles and arcade elements.
Layers of Fear 2 has three-dimensional graphics of decent quality. The game's sound aspect is also at a high level - the narrator is played by Tony Todd, known from iconic horror movies.