On this page of the guide to Immortals Fenyx Rising you can read more about the different ways of exploring the world in the game. Moreover, you will learn about what you can encounter and what to look out for while exploring.
Methods of exploration
You can explore the world of the game in a variety of ways. The first, and the most obvious, is exploring the world on foot. This is the slowest but also the most precise way if your goal is to collect fruit or to discover treasure chests. The main character can also climb steep walls of buildings or mountains. If you want the character to move faster, you can sprint, however, this action will quickly drain your stamina.
Another alternative for travelling quickly involves the use of a mount. In order to use one, you must first tame a given animal in order to be able to climb on top of it and thus travel much faster. All you have to do is slowly sneak up to the animal and press the button responsible for taming it. Afterwards, you can choose between your mounts in the equipment tab which is to be your main mount and the first in the queue for being summoned. Mounts are a much faster way to move around, but only when you travel through flat terrain. If they fall from large heights, you will have to resummon them. If they are attacked, they will also disappear for a while.
Using your wings is another effective method of covering ground. Thanks to the wings you can cover a considerable distance in a short time, provided that you climb high enough and jump while having a lot of stamina. The skill tree also allows you to unlock faster flight, which works exactly like sprinting, however, your character will lose altitude slightly faster. This method is great for getting to places that are inaccessible, usually those that are located at a very high altitude.
What can I find?
In Immortals Fenyx Rising you can find a lot of interesting places and objects that will come in handy when it comes to improving your character. You will encounter many logical puzzles, which will grant you rewards if you can solve them, treasure chests that are heavily or lightly guarded and much, much more. The following findings are especially worth mentioning:
- Ambrosia - these are crystals that you will find literally everywhere. They can be used to improve your maximum health.
- Chests - sometimes they contain weapons or armour, skins for the aforementioned equipment, and adamantine shards, which are needed to improve your equipment, you can also find fruits and mushrooms in the chests. Chests can be unguarded and can just be lying somewhere within the world, but they can also be guarded by enemy units. There are also so-called night chests, which are guarded by numerous enemies, and are only available at night.
- Vaults of Tartaros - these are basically dungeons that reward you with adamantine shards and Zeus's lightning as soon as you manage to complete them.
- Myth Challenges - these are challenges which will usually reward you with Coins of Charon if you can pass them successfully. There are several types of Myth Challenges, such as Odysseus challenges, the Big Lyre challenges, Navigation challenges, etc.
- Legendary Monsters - in some regions you may come across creatures that act as minibosses in the game. Defeating them is much more difficult, but the rewards are also much more enticing.
- Adamantine Crystals - usually when you see a crystal of a certain colour, it means that you can get adamantine shards by destroying it. If the crystal in question is purple, you will be able to gather purple adamantine shards.