Welcome to the unofficial guide to "Fallout 3" video game. This guide will help you in surviving in the unpleasant territories of the Capitol Wasteland. I've created this survival kit not only to help less experienced players, but also to satisfy fans of the series. A lot of easter eggs and bonus items have been described, so you won't have to look for them on your own.
This guide has been divided into three separate parts. The first chapter of the guide is focused only on describing quests you're given by non-player characters. I've described all the main quests required to finish the game, as well as side missions you'll receive during your time spent in Capitol Wasteland. I guess I should tell you right now that "Fallout 3" has a much more complex quest system than the previous Bethesda game - "Oblivion". Most of the quests have at least two different endings, as well as a very non-linear structure. You can also use perks and skills to modify their progress by unlocking new conversation options or receive unique rewards from the non-player characters. Obviously my guide contains all of that, so you don't worry that you'll miss something important or interesting. The second chapter of the guide focuses primarily on the game world. More than two dozen maps have been made. These maps show the wasteland, as well as focus on smaller areas (mostly cities) occupied by friendly characters. The sole purpose of creating them was to allow you to travel through the wasteland more freely, so you won't spend a lot of time trying to find new locations. In addition to areas of the map, I've also said a few things about potential dangers you may encounter while travelling through Capitol Wasteland. This includes enemy encounters, as well hazards such as radiation or poison. The final section of this chapter lists all available achievements, as well points out where to look for bonus items. You can try and search for Vault-Tec bobbleheads and unique weapon schematics. The third chapter of the guide contains a lot of hints on how to create your character, how to make him stronger and more useful with every level he achieves (including choosing the best perks), how to fight and how to maintain your inventory.
I've used four different colors in my guide in order to make the reading process a lot easier, especially if you're looking for an information concerning an item or a non-player character. The brown color was used to mark movable objects. Obviously this includes NPC's, but I've also marked monsters and robots. The blue color marks visited locations. I've used it not only to pin point main areas, but to let you know about secondary locations as well. The green color should help you in finding new items. The orange color marks the places where using a perk is possible or when you're rewarded with a unique perk that you wouldn't be able to receive any other way.
Have fun playing the game!
About Fallout 3 Game Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Guide contains : 83 pages, 358 images.
Last update : May 11, 2016, visit Fallout 3
Last update : May 11, 2016, visit Capitol Wasteland
Last update : May 11, 2016, visit Hints
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Fallout 3 Game Guide
- Main maps | Maps of the world Fallout 3 Guide.
- Unique weapon schematics | Equipment Fallout 3 Guide.
- Main quests 8: Tranquility Lane | Main quests Fallout 3 Guide.
- Vault 101: Trouble on the homefront | Side quests Fallout 3 Guide.
- Main quests 13: Take it back! - Endings | Main quests Fallout 3 Guide.
Fallout 3 Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: Bethesda Softworks
- publisher: Bethesda Softworks
- platform: PC / XBOX360 / PS3
- rated: PEGI: Age 18+ / ESRB: Mature
Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-TecY engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom! – Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! – Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views! – The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice! – Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast ‘Em Away With V.A.T.S.! –Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! – At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America’s First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness! – Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant’s face.
Fallout 3 PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM, graphic card 512 MB (GeForce 8800 or better), 7 GB HDD, Windows XP/Vista