Thievery is a way of getting valuable items for free. You can check someone's chests or their pockets. Of course, NPCs that were robbed by you won't be happy. Because of that, it is worth to buy a few abilities and use the tips that can reduce a risk getting caught red-handed.
A few tips
- Don't forget about sneaking option. If you are not sneaking, NPCs can notice you immediately and they won't allow you to steal. What is more, pickpocketing is impossible without using the sneaking mode. Remember about this option and steal only when you have it activated.
- Your time is limited during pickpocketing. You only have a few seconds to steal from someone's pockets so be quick when you do that.
- Try to steal during night. If possible, you should only steal at nights when NPCs are sleeping. This reduces a risk of getting caught and increases your chances to get an item that you want.
- Get Adventurer’s Amulet. You can find it right after starting the game – turn left before you get closer to the first building and go until you find a barrel on which you can find this amulet. It gives you +1 to Lock Picking ability which allows you to open some locks right from the beginning of the game (without the amulet, you need to buy this ability first).
You can find a lot of abilities in Elex that are useful in thievery:
- Lock Picking – unlocks the option to use lock picks and each new level of this ability allows you to open more complicated locks.
- Locksmith – makes the locks unbreakable.
- Pickpocket – unlocks ability to pickpocketing and each new level of this ability lowers the risk of getting detected.
- You Only Steal Twice – allows you to steal an additional item while pickpocketing.
- Hack – allows you to hack electronic locks and each new level of this ability allows you to hack more complicated passwords.
- Professional Hacker – each new level of this ability gives you an additional chance during hacking a password.
- Hold Your Horses – after buying this ability the time available to you during hacking a password increases accordingly to your character's level.