On this page of the Diablo 2 Resurrected guide, you'll learn about the bonuses awarded for completing story-related quests.
Story bonuses are very significant and most of them should be saved for the late game. Below you'll find a list and commentary which will advise you which missions to complete first, which rewards should be redeemed immediately, and which ones should be saved for later.
- Den of Evil- a possibility of resetting all skills and attributing them anew by talking to Akara (should be saved until endgame).
- Sisters' Burial Grounds - mercenaries become available, one Rogue joins the team for free.
- Search for Cain - Deckard Cain appears in the camp. He can identify your items for free. Akara will give you a ring.
- The Forgotten Tower - this mission doesn't offer any rewards in particular, but its mini-boss - The Countess - always drops runes, making this a perfect area for farming them.
- Tools of the Trade - Charsi will enchant one item for you, giving it unique properties (should be saved until endgame). The item must be non-magical and without any gem slots.
- Radament's Lair - reducing traders' prices. After defeating the boss you can find a Book of Skill which adds a point to a skill of your choice (worth saving for later).
- Horadric Staff - access to the Horadric Cube. If you use a staff in combat, the Horadric Staff (Staff of Kings) can be quite a useful weapon for you during this act.
- Tainted Sun - the areas regain light.