Diablo 2 Resurrected Guide
The Lord of Terror Has Risen Diablo 2 Resurrected contains a complete walkthrough, Beginner's Guide, best tips to runes, characters, skills, exploration and combat. We describe all builds, bosses, locations and system requirements.
Last update: Monday, September 27, 2021
This guide to Diablo 2 Resurrected breaks down the game into basic elements, analyzing the most important aspects of the gameplay. From this guide, you will learn how to complete the game - with our factual walkthrough - and you will get to know the most interesting tips for beginners.
The most important part of the guide is the description of skills and sample builds of different classes, along with suggestions as to which skills to develop and which statistics to raise when advancing to higher levels of experience, as well as what equipment to use. We've also included a chapter describing ways and places to get the most interesting and rarest loot, and a breakdown of the gameplay mechanics. You will also learn how to obtain runes and upgrades - which can be described as Diablo 2's crafting system - how to recruit mercenaries, and which ones are suitable for your character class.
There's also the walkthrough with a list of mission bonuses, a main bosses guide, good places for farming, and a locations map which contains information about connections between levels, location of navigation points, and a list of places that you have to visit as part of the main campaign. In the FAQ Section, you will find answers to questions about death of the hero and mercenaries, game save system, or the time required to complete the game.
Diablo 2 Resurrected is a renewed version of Diablo 2 with the Lord of Destruction expansion. The idea behind this guide is that you haven't played the original, so that people who are most in need of help can find it first.
The guide was prepared on the Normal difficulty level. It doesn't contain advice aimed towards Hardcore / Nightmare / Hell difficulties, on which the stats of characters and enemies, as well as discovered items and runes differ greatly from those found on Normal with their complexity, parameters and randomness. In the guide, we focus on singleplayer.
- Diablo 2 Resurrected: Beginner's tips
- Diablo 2 Resurrected: Frequently asked questions and answers
- Diablo 2 Resurrected: All bosses
- Diablo 2 Resurrected: All story quests
- Diablo 2 Resurrected: Character classes and builds
- Diablo 2 Resurrected: PC system requirements
- Diablo 2 Resurrected: Game editions
Diablo 2 Resurrected: Beginner's tips
Diablo 2 Resurrected is not an easy game, even though it may not seem challenging early on. Despite your initial impressions, we suggest familiarising yourself with these starting tips which should answer some questions you have about the game and will help you avoid beginner's mistakes. Here are a few essential tips for newcomers:
- The key to winning fights is using hotkeys. Switching skills as well as quickly replenishing your mana and health are two necessary elements to winning fights against enemies and bosses. For details, check the Controls page.
- To increase your chance of finding magic items equip gear with a Magic Find bonus. Bonuses stack and can be found in every item. You can also place a Gem inside of an armor piece with an empty gem slot to give it the Gem's specific bonus.
- If you find a valuable weapon that sells for 5000 in Act 1, 10000 in Act 2 e.t.c, you can keep it for later - if you can fit it in the Stash. Those are the maximum selling prices the merchants are willing to pay in a given act. The gear itself is worth much more, and you can sell it for more in later acts.
- Drop sound cues. You'll quickly learn to pay attention to the sound that accompanies drops. Sometimes it's difficult to notice a small gem or ring falling out of an opened chest. A metallic, high-pitched sound is a sign you should look around for a valuable item nearby.
- Always try to complete a stage (defeat a boss, find a new waypoint, explore the location) in one go. Restarting the game will resurrect all enemies you killed along the way.
- Death has a price. Every time you die, you lose some of your gold - even if it's stored inside of the Stash. It's worth it to spend your money on Gambling.
- Once per game you can reset your character's stats and skills - (by talking to Akara after finishing the Den of Evil quest) - it's worth doing after reaching character level 30, once you gain access to all your skills and make a decision on how to develop your character further.
You can find more useful advice on the starting tips page.
Diablo 2 Resurrected: Frequently asked questions and answers
Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding Diablo 2 Resurrected can be found in the FAQ section.
- Weapon ammo - how to replenish?
- Broken weapon - how to repair?
- Damage / Attack Speed - what to choose?
- Game progress - How to save the game?
- Death - Can I get my equipment back?
- Resurrecting mercenaries - is it possible?
- Two weapons at once - can you use?
- Character skills - how to reset?
Diablo 2 Resurrected: All bosses
In Diablo 2 Resurrected you'll often encounter mini-bosses in many short quests. We won't be describing these in detail - tips regarding the more problematic opponents can be found in the walkthrough. The chapter attributed to boss fights focuses on the story related bosses, those being:
Diablo 2 Resurrected: All story quests
Diablo 2 Resurrected is built out of modified versions of Diablo 2 and its Lord of Destruction expansion. Therefore, it contains five Acts. In each Act we can find up to six quests which can often be completed in any order the player wishes, or left for later, even after the player finishes the given act.
- Den of Evil
- Sisters' Burial Grounds
- Search for Cain
- The Forgotten Tower
- Tools of the Trade
- Sisters to the Slaughter
- Fallen Angel
- Hell's Forge
- Terror's End
- Siege on Harrogath
- Rescue on Mount Arreat
- Prison of Ice
- Betrayal of Harrogath
- Rite Of Passage
- Eve of Destruction
Diablo 2 Resurrected: Character classes and builds
The most important choice in Diablo 2 Resurrected, one influencing how smoothly your playthrough will go and how well you'll handle higher difficulty levels, is your character class (one out of seven available), as well as correctly building your character to make them capable in combat.
- General information about the Paladin
- Paladin's skills
- Best Paladin builds
- General information about the Necromancer
- Necromancer's skills
- Best Necromancer build
- General information about the Assassin
- Assassin's skills
- Best Assassin builds
Diablo 2 Resurrected: PC system requirements
Being a remaster, Diablo 2 Resurrected primarily offers improved visuals and audio. Due to this, the system requirements are significantly more demanding. Here are the minimum hardware requirements for the game:
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3250 /AMD FX-4350
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 660/AMD Radeon HD 7850
- Free disk space: 30 GB HDD
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
More info can be found on the system requirements page. The developers warn the requirements might change in the future.
Diablo 2 Resurrected: Game editions
Diablo 2 Resurrected releases on September 23, 2021. The game's price pre-release is: 39.99 EUR for the base version and 59.99 EUR for the Prime Evil Collection. Pre-ordering the game rewards the player with access to the open beta (the second open beta is also available for players who did not buy the game yet).
The more expensive Prime Evil Collection contains Diablo 2 Resurrected, as well as Diablo 3 in the Eternal Collection. The items included in the bundle are:
- Diablo 2 Resurrected,
- Diablo 3 with the Reaper of Souls DLC,
- Diablo 3: Rise of the Necromancer - a small expansion which adds a playable Necromancer class and some cosmetic bonuses,
- A Mephisto pet in Diablo 3,
- Wings of Hatred's Grasp in Diablo 3 - the pet and the equippable wings are small, cosmetic items for your character.
About Diablo 2 Resurrected Guide
Author : Patrick "yxu" Homa for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : August 27, 2021
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Diablo II: Resurrected Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: Blizzard Entertainment
- publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE, Switch, PS5, XSX
More About Diablo II: Resurrected
Two years after the launch of PS5, the console offers enough games to be a tempting option for undecided buyers. In the best PS5 games list below, we present our favorite games released in the last two years.
6 Things Diablo 4 Needs to Learn from Diablo 2
Diablo 2 might not be perfect, but it's still a classic game, which did a lot of things really well. I'm probably not the only one who would be happy if Diablo 4 borrowed some specific solutions from the cult-classic part two.
Tips and Trivia to Diablo 2 From Hardcore Veterans
Are you waiting for the release of Diablo 2: Resurrected? Whether it's your first time with the series, or you've been its loyal fan for years, we encourage you to read our tips and trivia – you'll surely find something of use.
The Best Video Game Releases Coming in September 2021
With the summer slowly, and sadly, ending, we're entering a period of increased activity on the video games market. Although September brings a surprisingly varied offer of new games, we have a feeling that one title in particular will attract players...
It wasn't the best E3 in history. We didn't see announcements that swept us off our feet, no longed-for brands returned. But there were sizable new announcements, and some of them are certainly worth a look. Here's a list of our favorite games of E3 2021.