The guide to DBD is a comprehensive compendium of the online game from Behaviour Interactive. Thanks to it, you will learn the secrets of this production. You will find a description of the most significant mechanics and tactics used by other players.
- Dead by Daylight: Guide's contents
- Dead by Daylight: Quick beginners guide
- Dead by Daylight: Basics
- Dead by Daylight: PC System requirements
Dead by Daylight: Guide's contents
The beginning of the DBD guide focuses on the basics of gameplay. We've prepared some tips for beginners, which contain useful information for people who play the game for the first time. In addition, we discus the game's mechanics. With this guide, you will discover all the secrets hidden by, among others, generators and totems. The description of the map is also included.
There is also a FAQ section where you will find answers to questions that may arise during the game.
In the next part, you will find a list of the best builds for killers and survivors. The guide also has a complete list of perks available in the game. It will give you a thorough understanding of how each works.
In the guide, you will also find a chapter listing survivors and killers. On each page, there is a detailed description of a given character. For the second group, you will find a depiction of powers, their use, and how to counter them.
The final chapter of the guide is the appendix, which contains information on the game's system requirements and controls.
Dead by Daylight: Quick beginners guide
If you are playing as a killer and wondering how to start, the following tips will help you resolve any doubts:
- Choose the right killer: each character has a unique power, which affects the gameplay. In the beginning, choose killers who have abilities that are easy to master. The ideal choice is Wraith.
- Choose perks influencing generator regression: starting your adventure with the game, you will not yet be fully proficient in chasing survivors. That's why it's a good idea to purchase perks slowing down generators' repair.
- Don't rely on sole sight: while tracking survivors, you should also listen to sounds in your surroundings. Your potential victims make all sorts of noise, which helps you track them.
- Don't pursue survivors for too long: focusing on one survivor is not the best tactic. This is because the rest of the group can repair the generators in the meantime. Therefore, if you chase one person for too long, it is worth letting go and looking for someone else.
For more tips, see the Beginner's Guide page.
Dead by Daylight: Basics
In this section, you will find the most important information on gameplay mechanics.
- Generators - this is the main element of gameplay. The survivors must repair them to be able to escape.
- Survivors' tactics - survivors use various methods to avoid getting caught and repair the generators as quickly as possible. Here you will find a discussion of them.
- Killers' tactics - Killers use a number of techniques to help tip the scale in their favor. This page describes them in detail.
- In-game currencies - DBD offers three different currencies. Their description can be found here.
- Totems - this is one of the more important elements you will find on the map. Here you will learn what they can be used for.
- Map structure - the production offers a number of maps with a randomly generated placement of objects.
Chapter in progress.
Dead by Daylight: PC System requirements
The minimum system requirements for DBD are:
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4170/AMD FX-8120
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: GeForce GTX 460 (1GB)/AMD HD 6850 (1GB)
- HDD space: 60 GB
For more information, see the separate page of the guide: System requirements.
About Dead by Daylight Guide
Author : Agnieszka "aadamus" Adamus for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : September 22, 2022
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Dead by Daylight Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Artificial Mind & Movement/Behaviour Interactive
- publisher: Starbreeze AB
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE, Switch, PS5, XSX