On this page of the Cyberpunk 2077 game guide, you will find a detailed walkthrough of the Raymond Chandler Evening side job. From the following guide you will learn how to resolve the conflict at the El Coyote Cojo bar, where to find Pepe's wife and how to track down Cynthia.
- Unlocking the quest
- Resolving the conflict at the bar
- Meeting Pepe the bartender
- Finding and tracking Pepe's wife
- Confronting Pepe's wife and the possible quest endings
Unlocking the quest
How to start the quest: You can undertake this job just as soon as your reach act 2 of the campaign, specifically after you've completed the Playing for Time main job.
A quest marker should appear in The Glen sub-district of Heywood - we have marked it in the image no. 1. It's the El Coyote Cojo bar. You should visit the location during the evening or at night. The bar might be closed during daylight hours (if necessary, you may use the skip time option to change the time of day).
Resolving the conflict at the bar
In the bar you will witness Pedro from the Valentinos gang harassing one of the guests. You can resolve the situation in three ways:
- Initiate a fight against the gangoons (first dialogue option). You have to beat them in an open confrontation.
- Resign from resolving the conflict - choosing this option will block your chance to continue the quest.
- Intimidating Pedro is the best solution if you want to avoid fighting, but it is only available if V has invested enough points into the body attribute.
If you chose to help the bar customer, make sure to talk to him. Choosing the second dialogue option will give you more eddies for helping the man.
Meeting Pepe the bartender
You can only talk to Pepe the bartender if you have helped the customer (by fighting the gangoons or intimidating them) and if you haven't yet left the bar after the confrontation.
While talking to Pepe, don't interrupt him and let him present the whole situation. He will ask V to follow his wife, whom he suspects of infidelity. You must accept the quest, otherwise you will lose the opportunity to complete the job.
Finding and tracking Pepe's wife
You don't have to hurry to the destination indicated by Pepe to start following his wife. There won't be any negative consequences if you choose to complete other quests first.
V must reach the Vista Del Rey sub-district in Heywood. Additionally, you will have to follow Pepe's wife during daylight hours, so use the time skip feature if necessary. Pepe's wife is pictured in the attached image - initially, you will find her leaning against the wall of the building while wearing pink.
As you follow Pepe's wife, make sure not to get too close to her - it is best to stay about 10-15 meters away from her. If you are discovered, you will fail the quest early.
Continue following the woman until she enters one of the buildings. Follow her inside.
Confronting Pepe's wife and the possible quest endings
Reach the makeshift ripperdoc clinic to initiate a conversation with Cynthia, Pepe's wife. This conversation with the woman will impact the quest's ending.
If you want to get the good ending of this quest, behave as follows:
1) Say that you were sent by Cynthia's husband (the first dialogue option).
2) Let the woman explain herself (the first dialogue option).
3) Choose any option to end the conversation with Cynthia.
4) Call Pepe the bartender and tell him that Cynthia was at the ripperdoc clinic (the first dialogue option).
5) Convince Pepe that his wife loves him (the first dialogue option).
If you follow these instructions correctly, Pepe and Cynthia will stay together. Some time after completing the quest, Cynthia will call V and thank you for saving their marriage - you will receive some bonus eddies from the woman.
If you want to get the bad ending of this job, then stray from the above instructions, e.g. refuse to listen to Cynthia or lie to Pepe about Cynthia's plans. Any of these choices will lead to Pepe and Cynthia splitting up.