On this page of the Cyberpunk 2077 game guide, we answer the question of how to unlock Gorilla Arms. This is a very useful cyberware for hand-to-hand combat. It can reduce the need to use blades. We also inform how to activate strong Arms attacks and how to improve Gorilla Arms.
Gorilla Arms is one of the cyberware that you can install on the character's arms. After installing these implants, you can feel like a strong boxer and inflict much more damage with fist attacks. Gorilla Arms probably won't eliminate the total need to use both weapons or blades, although they are still useful in close combat.
Gorilla Arms are bought from ripperdoc, but the offer may not be available from the start. You need to rise V's Street Cred to at least level 20. As a reminder, you can increase your reputation by completing quests and gigs, as well as responding to NCPD requests for support in the fight against crime. You can find more information about this on the separate page Street Cred in our guide.
The price of Gorilla Arms depends on their quality level and thus on their stats:
- Rare Gorilla Arms should cost about 15000 credits.
- Epic Gorilla Arms should cost about 25000 credits.
- Legendary Gorilla Fists should cost about 100,000 credits.
Gorilla Arms are the easiest to activate by selecting them from the drop-down equipment menu, but they can also be activated if you press the attack button with no other weapon set. The blades don't wear out and do not require any ammunition, although using them requires physical effort and uses stamina.
A unique feature of the Gorilla Arms is that using fast fist attacks generates a charge. Its strength depends on the number of successful strikes. You can use the charge by launching a strong attack with Gorilla Arms, i.e. by holding the attack button. It is a good technique to deal more damage to stronger enemies in battles.
Gorilla Arms can be improved by installing mods in them. It's worth trying because thanks to modifications you can, for example, inflict even greater damage (an example of this type of mod presents in the picture) or impose negative statuses on the enemies.
- The effectiveness of the Gorilla Arms is increased by the number of points in the Body attribute. Each point of this attribute increases the damage of the Gorilla Arms by 3.
- Using the Gorilla Arms allows you to gain XP in Street Brawler. It's a good way if you want to develop this skill category, as there are not many opportunities to use "ordinary" fists.