If Cyberpunk 2077 is your first encounter with this universe: This section contains a batch of useful data which will help you understand and immerse yourself in the world of the game.
If this is your first time with the universe, remember these three basic rules: "Style over Substance", "Attitude is Everything", "Live on the Edge" You'll utilize these three rules while playing and making choices.
Events that have shaped the world:
"The future is fucking bleak" for a reason. Let's look at the events that influenced the current shape of the world.
- 1990 - the beginning of the fall of Central America and the Soviet Union's rapprochement with Western Europe;
- 1992 - the European Economic Community is created, introducing a common currency in form of eurodollar;
- 1992 - Drug Enforcement Administration create artificial plant diseases destroying coca and opium plantations;
- 1993 - In New York, Colombian drug cartels detonate a tactical nuke that kills 15,000 people;
- 1994 - economic crisis - gang numbers increase;
- 2000 - gang/corporation wars and war in Central America;
- 2013 - NetWatch (internet police) is created,
- 2015 - first cybermercenary organization is being created.
The game takes place in a fictional city called Night City. It is a metropolis located between Los Angeles and San Francisco, California.
The city is divided into 6 districts: City Center, Watson, Westbrook, Heywood, Pacifica and Santo Domingo.
The world of cyberpunk is controlled by numerous corporations that greatly affect the world, people and every area of life. Their list can be found in a separate section of the guide.