This page of Wolfenstein: Youngblood game guide explains how to use your Buddy Pass. As a reminder, it allows you to invite another player to play together in cooperation. What's best is that your friend doesn't need to have his or her own copy of the game.
Buddy Pass is one of the bonuses added to the slightly more expensive Deluxe Edition. You can buy it in a retail or digital version.
Buddy Pass is not included if you decide to buy a standard version of the game. A separate purchase of the pass itself was not available at the time of preparing this guide.
Buddy Pass allows you to invite another person to play together free of charge, i.e. without having to buy their own copy of Wolfenstein: Youngblood. However, an invited person must meet three basic requirements:
- Have his/her own Bethesda.net account - Fortunately, you can create one quickly and free of charge even if you don't have any Bethesda games.
- Download a special demo/trial - The version name varies depending on the platform - it's a PC demo (above picture) and a trial on consoles. It contains a full game, so you have to be aware of the need to download about 36-40GB of data.
- Be on the Friends list - we are talking about the same platform, of course. Playing on a PC with a colleague on a console is not possible cause there is no cross-platform option in this game.
After the second person meets the above requirements, the Buddy Pass holder must start the game and select the Use Buddy Pass option from the main menu. It concerns activating the Buddy Pass and sending an invitation. After the two accounts have been merged, it will be possible to start the game in cooperation mode.
A few additional comments about the Buddy Pass:
- Buddy Pass is not a one-time pass, so it is not lost after you have sent someone an invitation and it has been received it correctly. You can also send invitations to other friends. The basic limitation is that you can only play with one invited person at a time.
- An invited player cannot start a game or campaign alone in offline mode.
- An invited player cannot unlock trophies / achievements. They are reserved for people who have purchased a game.
- An invited person may choose to purchase the full version of Wolfenstein: Youngblood at any time. After paying for the game you do not have to download it again, but you can continue the game immediately (also alone or with a completely different player).