An important part of The Witcher Monster Slayer is combat. It is what allows you to gain experience points, and it's an inseparable part of missions and various activities. This page covers the basics of combat in this game.
There are two types of attacks in the game:
- Quick - performed by moving your finger quickly across the screen;
- Strong - slow but powerful hits performed in a few-seconds intervals.
The attack types are important because monsters have their weaknesses. It's better to hit some of them with quick, light attacks. Others will be defeated with a few accurate, powerful hits.
There are six steel swords in the game. Each of them has an effect on specific statistics:
- Feline Steel Sword - Increases damage from quick attacks by 15%;
- Ursine Steel Sword - Increases damage from strong attacks by 15%;
- Wolven Steel Sword - Increases the critical hit loading time by 10%;
- Griffin Steel Sword - Increases the signs strength by 30%;
- Manticore Steel Sword - Increases sign renewal by 30%;
- Caerme - Increases critical hit damage by 50%.
In the store, on the other hand, there are seven swords available. These ones also affect various statistics in the game:
- Feline Silver Sword - Increases damage from quick attacks by 15%;
- Ursine Silver Sword - Increases damage from strong attacks by 15%;
- Wolven Silver Sword - Increases the critical hit loading speed by 10%;
- Griffin Silver Sword - Increases the signs strength by 30%;
- Manticore Silver Sword - increases sign renewal by 30%;
- Melltith - Has a 15% chance to deal fire damage;
- A'Baeth - increases your experience gain by 25%.
Enemies' hits can be parried. This reduces their strength and does not affect the critical hit charge.
An unparried enemy strike will drop the critical hit charge. This can be reduced by wearing the appropriate armor. You will find the description of all armors on separate pages of this guide.
The critical hit is a powerful strike that needs to be charged. The recharge speed depends on how well you do in battle. The more you hit your enemy, the faster the critical hit will recharge.
The critical hit charge will drop if an enemy hits you.
You can carry potions and oils with you during any fight. You have to mark them before the fight by clicking on the enemy. This way, you can increase your chances. The description of potions and oils can be found on a separate page of this guide.
Witcher signs recharge during combat. Right from the start you can use a sign that will allow you to use fire attacks.
As you progress through the missions and the game, you will come across more and more signs that will accompany you through the gameplay.
During combat, you can use various bombs that will make your fight much easier. You can make bombs or buy them in the store. We have described them in detail on a separate page of this guide.