This guidebook to Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception is a comprehensive game guide of the third part of Nathan Drake's adventures. By reading our guide you will be able to easily finish the game. Also, we provide information about all in-game secrets and trophies that are required to complete the title in 100%.
The main sections of our guide consist of a detailed walkthrough of all 22 chapters available in the main story campaign. The walkthrough suggests how to reach consecutive locations, how to deal with enemies, how to solve puzzles, how to defeat unique opponents and how to kill the final boss of the campaign.
The second large chapter of our guidebook is completely devoted to treasures (secrets). We explain where you can find all 100 treasures and a Strange Relic artifact. The description of each collectible is enriched with one or several pictures, thanks to which reaching them should be easier.
The FAQ section of our guide tells you how much time you have to spend to complete the game. In this chapter, we also explain how to solve the most difficult puzzles of the game, which will appear in the sixth and eleventh chapters of the story campaign. Our trophy guide provides detailed information about every trophy. Additionally, you can learn how to unlock the platinum trophy. Everything is complemented by a page about the game controls.
Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception is a game characterized by a truly cinematic action. The main character is a kind of a mix of Indiana Jones and James Bond. Similarly to these popular heroes, Drake comes out of many seemingly hopeless and deadly situations not only thanks to his tremendous resourcefulness, but also due to his incredible luck. All this makes the game full of tension, impressive adventures and unexpected twists. That makes it extremely difficult to find a moment when you can get up from the console to pause the adventure or don't bother what will happen next.
Playing Uncharted 3 can create a false impression that "there is not much game in the game". Almost all the time you will be pushed forward forcefully (especially if the tips were not turned off in the options menu).
Robert Frac (gamepressure.com)
- List of all chapters of the Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception
- I have a problem in solving a puzzle in Uncharted 3
- All secrets of Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception
- Does Uncharted 3 have a difficult platinum trophy?
- Is Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception a long game?
- How to activate the Photo Mode?
- How to activate cheat codes?
- How do I change my character's skin?
- Can you play in multiplayer mode in Uncharted 3?
- Does Uncharted 3 on PS4 offer new content?
- Can I purchase Uncharted 3 Remastered separately?
- How much hard drive space does Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception require?
- Symbols used in the guide
List of all chapters of the Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception
Below you will find a list of all the stages in Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception. There are 22 chapters to complete. Some levels are clearly longer, and in such situations we decided to describe them on two separate pages of the walkthrough. Some pages of our walkthrough also contain links to major puzzles.
- Chapter 1-Prologue
- Chapter 2-Greatness from Small Beginnings
- Chapter 3-Second-Story Work
- Chapter 4-Run to Ground
- Chapter 5-London Underground
- Chapter 6-The Chateau part 1 and part 2
- Chapter 7-Stay in the Light
- Chapter 8-The Citadel part 1 and part 2
- Chapter 9-The Middle Way
- Chapter 10-Historical Research
- Chapter 11-As Above, So Below part 1 and part 2
- Chapter 12-Abducted part 1 and part 2
- Chapter 13-Rough Seas
- Chapter 14-Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
- Chapter 15-Sink or Swim
- Chapter 16-One Shot at This
- Chapter 17-Stowaway
- Chapter 18-The Rub' al Khali
- Chapter 19-The Settlement
- Chapter 20-Caravan
- Chapter 21-The Atlantis of the Sands
- Chapter 22-The Dreamers of the Day
I have a problem in solving a puzzle in Uncharted 3
In Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception you will encounter several more complex and more challenging puzzles that can stop you for a longer moment. If you are having problems solving a puzzle, please refer to our walkthrough or to the FAQ chapter of the guide, in which we have included two chapters with the most difficult puzzles:
- Solutions to complex puzzles in Chapter 6 - in this chapter you need to solve a puzzle with statues of knights, a puzzle with symbols on the floor and a puzzle with symbols on the wall.
- Solutions to complex puzzles in Chapter 11 - in this chapter you need to solve a puzzle with pillars, a puzzle with cog wheels and a puzzle with the shadows of statues.
All secrets of Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception
The most important secrets in the Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception are treasures. You can find as many as 100 common treasures, as well as one unique, peculiar artifact (Strange Relic). Below you can find a list of all treasures available in Uncharted 3. It is worth noting that treasures are not available in each chapter. Their number might also vary depending on the chapter itself.
- In chapter 1 you can find 2 treasures.
- In chapter 2 you can find 7 treasures.
- In chapter 3 you can find 3 treasures.
- In chapter 4 you can find 7 treasures, including a Strange Relic.
- In chapter 5 you can find 4 treasures.
- In chapter 6 you can find 9 treasures.
- In chapter 7 you can find 1 treasure.
- In chapter 8 you can find 7 treasures.
- In chapter 9 you can find 3 treasures.
- In chapter 10 you can find 7 treasures.
- In chapter 11 you can find 9 treasures.
- In chapter 12 you can find 7 treasures.
- In chapter 13 you can find 3 treasures.
- In chapter 14 you can find 9 treasures.
- In chapter 15 you can find 1 treasure.
- In chapter 16 you can find 3 treasures.
- In chapter 17 there are no treasures to find.
- In chapter 18 you can find 1 treasure.
- In chapter 19 you can find 8 treasures.
- In chapter 20 you can find 3 treasures.
- In chapter 21 you can find 5 treasures.
- In chapter 22 you can find 2 treasures.
Does Uncharted 3 have a difficult platinum trophy?
No, getting the platinum trophy should not be very difficult. Traditionally, as in the other games of Uncharted series, the most problematic trophy is awarded for completing the entire game at a crushing difficulty level. In Uncharted 3 there are plenty of large battles and encounters with "elite" opponents who are more durable and better equipped. Thanks to numerous control points, you can repeat unsuccessful fights without losing much progress.
The other trophies are much less problematic. These are, among other things, collectible trophies, as well as trophies associated with combat. The PS4 remaster has two great facilitations - you only have to complete the game once and you do not need to deal with the trophies of the extended collection to acquire the platinum trophy. You can find complete information on Uncharted 3 trophies and how to get them in our trophy guide.
Is Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception a long game?
Not really - completing the main storyline of Uncharted 3 will take you about 10 hours. This value can be increased by choosing one of the higher difficulty levels and if you want to find 101 collectibles and acquire the platinum trophy. It can take you about 20 hours to complete the game in 100%. For more information about the length of the game, as well as the factors that affect overall game time, see the separate chapter How long does it take to beat Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception.
How to activate the Photo Mode?
Photo Mode is one of the novelties that appeared in the remastered version of Uncharted 3 on PS4. Unfortunately, you cannot use it if you are playing the original version of the game released for the PlayStation 3 console.
Photo mode is initially disabled and must be activated in the game options - in the Game tab in the options menu select the On position for the Photo Mode Enable With option.
From now on you can press the down button on the d-pad to activate the Photo Mode. It will not be available at any time during the game. The game might temporarily disable this mode, e.g. for the duration of a cut-scene or when the hero is in an unusual position.
You can, however, prepare for each shot - by, for instance, changing the camera position or setting a different focus. The game allows you, for example, use various filters. When you are ready, hide the user interface to take a clean photo (you do this by pressing the SHARE button).
How to activate cheat codes?
You cannot, unfortunately, use cheat codes from the beginning of the game. You must first complete the Uncharted 3 campaign, and you can do it on any difficulty level. In the pause menu, select Bonuses and Rewards.
The most important category of cheats is in the Tweaks menu. You can turn cheat codes on and off at any time you want. Available cheats:
- Fast Motion - Move faster.
- Slow Motion - Enables slow motion.
- Mirror World - Creates a mirror image of the world.
- Flip World - The world is flipped around.
- Infinite Ammo - Infinite ammo for all weapons.
- One-Shot Kills - Enemies die from a single shot.
- No Gravity - Turn the gravity off.
Other useful cheats can be found in the Weapons menu. You can equip your hero with weapons you have unlocked. This is very useful for some of the trophies that require you to kill enemies with a certain type of weapon.
Note - the game will not allow you to assign a weapon to Nate if you play a stage or section of a stage where no battles are fought (e.g. controlling a young Drake or going through a public marketplace).
Note - you can still unlock trophies while using cheats. It may even make it easier to get them.
How do I change my character's skin?
As you progress through the game, you will unlock new skins for the character you control. You can choose from various outfits for Drake or use skins of other characters (e.g. Elena or Tenzin). You can select them from the options menu by opening Bonuses, Rewards and Skins.
Applying a particular skin doesn't affect the gameplay, even if it's drastically different in appearance from Nate's default skin.
Can you play in multiplayer mode in Uncharted 3?
This option was available in the past, but it's not available anymore (it's blocked). The multiplayer mode was available in the version for the PlayStation 3 console. This state continued until September 3, 2019, when they finally disables the game servers of Uncharted 3. A side effect of this decision is also that the platinum trophy on the PS3 is no longer available, since the list of trophies includes achievements related to multiplayer.
The remastered version of Uncharted 3 on PS4 has never had multiplayer content. The studio responsible for preparing the remaster for the PlayStation 4 console decided to focus exclusively on the single player campaign. This has its positive side - you can get a platinum trophy without any difficulties and you do not need a PS+ subscription.
Does Uncharted 3 on PS4 offer new content?
Apart from minor exceptions, no. The main campaign is the same for PS3 and PS4 versions. They have the same number of chapters and they don't differ much in the PlayStation 4 version.
The PS4 remaster offers 1080p and 60fps gameplay, improved textures and character models, and a better lighting system. As for new features, the remaster has photo mode and over 10 new trophies that weren't available on the PS3.
Can I purchase Uncharted 3 Remastered separately?
Yes, the Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception Remastered game can be purchased separately, however it only applies to the digital version. You don't have to buy the whole Uncharted Nathan Drake's Collection game set. This is a more interesting solution if you've finished the other two parts and don't need another copy of these games.
How much hard drive space does Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception require?
Free hard disk space depends on the version of the Uncharted 3 game:
- Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception for PS3 will take up about 19 GB on the console's hard drive.
- Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception Remastered on PS4 will take up about 20 GB on the console's hard drive.
- Uncharted: Nathan Drake's Collection requires around 46 GB of free storage space on PS4.
Symbols used in the guide
,  - numbers in square brackets refer to screenshots located directly above the text in which they occur. One means the left and two means the right screenshot.
About Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Translator : Filip "Mithgandir" Liebert
last update : April 16, 2020
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Bluepoint Games
- publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- platform: PS3, PS4
More About Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Uncharted is one of the most appreciated series. In theory, it should appeal to me, too, because I appreciate good, linear action games. Unfortunately, there was a lot that didn't sit right with me, which is why I can't understand the phenomenon.
Less than 700 gigabytes of storage space available to PlayStation 5 owners means one thing for most of us – annoying compromises.