This page of the guide contains information on research and the upgrades it lets you discover. We also advise which research you should prioritize and incorporate into your campus.
Before you can start researching you must first:
- Unlock and build a Research Laboratory - you can do so starting from the third mission at the Mitton University.
- Hire a teacher for research - you can do so in the Hire Staff tab. All teachers can conduct research, though we recommend hiring one with a high Research skill to make the process faster. Remember you must assign the new epmloyee to a room.
- Click the Research Hub facility, then click Start new project, select the upgrade you wish to work on and confirm your choice.
Now you have to wait for the researcher to finish working on the project.
Research is time-consuming, and though starting the project itself doesn't cost too much, you still have to pay the employee in charge's salary as well as purchase the upgrades after researching them.
Research takes a long time, so we recommend prioritizing projects that seem the most useful to you at the time. Below we've listed some tips on what to focus on.
- Research on leading courses - your campus will always prioritize some courses above the others. You should work on the projects which unlock new facilities and upgrade the rooms tied to these courses.
- Research Hub - upgrading the Research Hub itself will help you complete your next projects faster.
- Lectern - regardless of the course, some classes will take place in the Lecture Hall, therefore this project is worth working on to increase these classes's effectiveness.
- Training Pod - training your staff is very important but also time-consuming. This upgrade will help you speed up this process.
- Omni Cure - this project is very important in the late game, when your students are plagued more often by natural disasters and illnesses. The Omni Cure can treat them faster.
After completing a research project you must still install an upgrade before you can take advantage of it. Just researching an upgrade isn't enough.
To install upgrades, you must:
- Hire a Janitor with the Mechanics skill - a Janitor needs this skill to upgrade facilities.
- Select the facility in question, then click the Upgrade button pictured above. This option is only available if you can afford the upgrade.
- Wait for the Janitor to finish upgrading the facility. The higher their Mechanics skill is, the sooner they'll finish, so we recommend hiring a specialist or training one of your already hired employees.