How to Unlock: Interact with Broken Lascar Helm (M19.8).
To begin the quest, visit the garbage dump (M19.8) in Small Nihliesh and find the Broken Lascar Helm. Interact with the item and investigate it to begin the quest. Visit Lost Anchorage (M19.5) (to unlock the area, complete The Newborn Maw).
Begin by talking to Captain Janur (M21.1) and tell her about your find. Hand over the helm, then ask for it back and ask her about the details. You'll learn that there is a possibility to take a look at the memories recorded in the helmet using the Navigating Cortex that unfortunately isn't available to you. Talk about the thugs that had tried to steal the Cortex - the captain will mention a name - Dracogen. To talk with him, visit the Memovira's Courtyard. You'll learn that he is very keen on getting the Cortex. Return to Lost Anchorage and talk with Major Genjes (M21.3). Ask him about the ship, and then use the opportunity to receive a free tour.
You'll now enter a crisis mode - you'll need three party members (including your hero) to divide the following duties between them:
Person 1 has to unlock the door leading to the Core room (M21.3) and interact with its console to send three unlock commands. We recommend a person equipped with Smashing, which will be very useful while attempting to open the door and getting access to the console.
Person 2 has to validate the unlock commands while standing by the main control panel found in the center of the main terrace (M21.1). Choose a party member equipped with Quick Fingers (and a large amount of Speed) as this is the ability that is required for completing the rolls - you'll need to be sure of your success as a failed roll will result in detection.
Person 3 has to accompany Major Genjes during the tour. You can choose any character, as this person only has to follow the Major and talk to him when he stops in a new area (remember that the conversation consumes an action point in each turn). The major will proceed to the main room, then starts to walk around its outer elements in a counter-clockwise manner. Your job is to complete the theft until he ends the tour and returns to his initial location.
Now for a step-by-step description of the whole operation:
1) Send Person 1 to open the door with the Navigating Cortex. In the next turn, the person has to reach the control panel and choose one of the actions that involve sending the first unlock command.
2) Send Person 2 (the one equipped with Quick Fingers) to the main control panel and wait until Person 1 sends the first unlock command. Once the first command is sent, Person 2 uses the main console to confirm the action
3) Person 3 has to stay close to Major Genjes at all times during the course of the whole operation. Click on Genjes in every turn to sustain your interest in the tour (otherwise he'll return to his post prematurely)
4) Use Person 1 to send the second unlock command, and Person 2 to confirm this order through the main console.
5) Use Person 1 to send the final unlock command, and Person 2 to confirm the command through the main console.
6) Person 1 can now send the order to test the helmet - this action uses an action point, so wait for the next turn to proceed ahead.
7) Use Person 1 to steal the Navigating Cortex (interact with the panel and choose the correct option.
8) One of your companions should talk with Captain Janur. Tell her about your find. When the character goes to check the details using the cortex, use Deception and Persuasion to convince him that you don't need it anymore. After a few scenes the crew of the ship will be able to leave it without any restrictions, while you'll receive 40 Experience Points.