Unlocked by: Automatically after completing the main quest Into the Depths.
It's the last part of the main quest. It will start after the crisis in Memovira's Fortress ends and you meet with Ghostly Woman in the Calm. It is divided into several phases but you don't need to complete all of them in 100% to reach the finale.
- Finding the companions
- Passage through the Endless Battle Fathom
- Visiting First's Fathom
- Passing through the Broken Fathom
- Opening the door to the Resonance in the Deepest Phantom
- Encounter with the Specter (potential final boss)
Finding the companions
As you've probably noticed, you have "lost" your companions after you were taken to Calm. The party members are also somewher in the illusion of the Labyrinth. Finding them isn't mandatory. You can get to the finale on your own if you want. If you plan to make the companions rejoin you, you can find them in the optional Fantoms to which you can get by using the portals located in various parts of the Calm. After finding each character you must additionally release him or her from illusion through a conversation. Below you will find a list of places where you can find your party members:
- Matkina can be found in Village Fathom. Complete all actions and let Matkina kill you. You will lose a few health points, but Matkina will regain consciousness and you will be able to "recruit" her.
- Tybir can be found in Oasis Fathom. Let the scene with Auvigne play and invite Tybir to your party.
- Callistege can be found in Oasis Fathom. Shake her and invite her to the party instead of sending her to the datasphere.
Important - you will receive 40 exp for each companion that rejoins you.
Important - in addition to the lost party members, you can also find other characters in the additional Fantoms. These will be selected, more important NPCs who died during the game.
Passage through the Endless Battle Fathom
You can reach Endless Battle Fathom (M26.1) by using the portal in The Calm (the one located closest to the place where the quest starts). In the location you might be forced to participate in three crises. The first one is meeting with Raima (M26.2). Here you can act in one of the three ways:
- You can choose to surrender. You will die and be taken to the Specter's Fathom. There you will find a portal to First's Fathom. Selecting this option is recommended only if you want to quickly reach the finale.
- Convince Raima that she is trapped inside an illusion. If you successfully use Quick Fingers or Tidal Affinity, you will convince her and the only "problem" left will be the other enemies.
- Attack Raima and other hostiles.
If the further part of Raima crisis is triggered, you can finish it by defeating all enemies or by destroying the crystals on the right side. You can do it by using Smashing on the crystals twice.
The second crisis in the Endless Battle Fathom is related to the encounter with Andronus Sandhand (M26.3). This encounter is similar to the previous one. Once the crisis begins, you can attempt to free Andronus from the illusion by using Tidal Affinity, Persuasion or Smashing.
The crisis ends when you either kill or imprison all your enemies. If you prefer the second option, then you must activate the three nearby pylons, preferably without much delay. The easiest way to do it is by positioning one party member at each pylon and using action when it is their turn.
The last crisis in the location is related to Paj Rekken and Chalcedon (M26.4). In this case you won't be able to talk to Paj Rekken. You must decide whether you want to defeat all opponents in combat or focus on reaching the cave entrance and opening it (M26.5).
You must unlock the passage to the cave no matter how you behaved. It forces you to use one of the new skills. You will be taken to First's Fathom and you will obtain 100 EXP.
Visiting First's Fathom
First's Fathom is a small location in which you won't spend too much time. Here you will encounter First Castoff and the Changing God. You won't have to fight with any of them. Use all dialogue options and you will receive 100 EXP. A portal near Changing God's machine will be unlocked. It will take you to the Broken Fathom (M26.6).
Passing through the Broken Fathom
In Broken Fathom you must solve a riddle related to reaching the Stasis Chamber (M26.7). You must interact with the five nearby control panels. Below is a list of steps required to reach the chamber:
1) Interact with panel 1 (M26.9) and activate it.
2) Walk to panel 2 (M26.10) and establish connection with panel 3 (M26.11).
3) Walk to panel 3 (M26.11) and select the first option from the list - pressing the blinking picture with a human drawing. All panels should become highlighted.
4) Leave panel 3 and go back to panel 2 (M26.10).
5) Interact with panel 2 and select the second option - pressing the button with human drawing. A clone of the main character will appear.
6) Speak to the clone, use all dialogue options and ask him for favor. The clone will walk to panel 3 and use it.
7) Clone's action will lead to the appearance of a passage to the Stasis Chamber.
Now you can reach the Stasis Chamber and interact with it. This will cause the Ghostly Woman to appear. Speak with her and you will receive 100 EXP. This will also unlock all passages. Before finishing the conversation, you should ask the woman for free healing. Now you can reach the portal to the Deepest Fathom (M26.8).
Opening the door to the Resonance in the Deepest Phantom
In the Deepest Fathom your main objective is to open the door that leads to the Resonance. In order to do it, you must examine the Illuminated Door and Marred Door, left and right of the door leading to the Resonance, (you can reach them in any order you want). In each case, after interacting with a door you will have a gamebook scene to complete. Similarly as in previous such scenes, you don't have to worry about dying or any other negative outcome occurring.
You can complete the scene related to the Illuminated Door by talking about all topics, obtaining the Domination Rod and triggering an encounter with the Sorrow. The scene with the Marred Door can be completed even faster, although it provides you with an opportunity to use many additional skills.
Important - consider saving the game before you examine the second door. After the second gamebook scene one of the final encounters will start.
Encounter with the Specter (potential final boss)
The Specter will appear after you complete both scenes in Deepest Fathom. The conversation with him can end in one of three ways:
- You can finish the encounter with the Specter without fighting him. In order to do that, you must speak with him about the Changing God and ask him to give you an honest answer whether he has any doubts. He should disappear after that. You will receive 100 EXP and you will be able to move forward.
- You can allow the Specter to use the passage. Don't choose it, as it will irreversibly kill the main protagonist.
- You can start the battle with the Specter. This will happen if you fail to convince him to disappear or if you simply decide to attack him. A crisis will start - you can consider it the final boss battle.
Once you regain control of the party, you will find yourself on the opposite end of the room than the Specter. A fall will separate you. Your task is to kill the Specter before he breaks through the cage that is blocking access to the Resonance. The game will hint you that the protagonist gained two new skills - Raise floor and Lower Floor. The first one is much more important as it enables you to repair the pieces of the ground lowered by the Specter. This will allow you to create a path towards him (use the other skill only for eliminating the weaker monsters described below).
Each time you raise the ground, try sending your party members close to the "boss". Try to do it all in one turn, as the Specter will use every chance he gets to destroy the floor again. While the action doesn't kill your companions, it will force you to use the skill again to rebuild the path.
You can use any attacks you want to attack the Specter. Try to mobilize the whole party, as the boss is able to teleport one of your party members someplace else every turn. After being taken back to the southern part of the room, such character must repeat the whole journey to the Specter. Ranged attacks can be very helpful here - they will spare you the trouble of getting to the boss.
The Specter is not the only opponent in this confrontation. Since the beginning of the battle in the Fathom, you will also face some Crystalvores. If possible, try to ignore these monsters or use ranged attacks against them if you must engage them. Don't waste time on eliminating all of them, as new ones will spawn. The same goes for the Stichuses that might join the fight after a few turns. Keep attacking the Specter until he loses all health points (luckily, he shouldn't be able to regenerate). For winning the fight you will receive 100 EXP.
No matter how you acted, use the passage to the Resonance. There, the final encounter with the Sorrow awaits you. It was described in the Endings chapter.