Showbusiness can be rough. Many have tried to take advantage of it, most of them ended up drinking booze in a cheap motel a few kilometers from Holly. What makes you think you'll do better? You got the guts? Strong personality? Talent in management? Fine, but even all these perks won't do any good if you haven't got any solid knowledge. Without it, you'll find yourself out of the business even faster than you got in there in the first place. If you want your studio to be a high-flyer, you gotta get some wings for it. Well, here they are, served on a dish especially for you, tested and analyzed. Make some good use of the knowledge contained in this guide. Once you know it all, no arrogant star will play by its own rules with you, no movie production issue will hold you back, and even the respective Academy will have to admit that you, uhm, rock. Go now, read, it's high time to start releasing something worthwhile at last. Lights, camera, well, u know. Action.
All the basic information concerning game interface and so on is not included in this guide, as you can find it in the original manual. Instead of that, we tried to concentrate on the game's essentials - ways to understand its very mechanics.
About The Movies Game Guide
Author : Krzysztof "Lordareon" Gonciarz for gamepressure.com
last update : May 5, 2016
Guide contains : 8 pages, 25 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
The Movies Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Lionhead Studios
- publisher: Activision
- platform: PC/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube
- rated: 12+
Imagine you could make any movie you wanted to. Imagine you could pluck someone from obscurity and make him or her the hottest star in Tinseltown. Imagine that you had control of an entire movie studio, competing with others to create a string of box office smashes. Imagine being able to use your judgement alone, deciding whether success lies with epic action pictures or lots of low budget, hammy 'B' movies.
Will the stars you've so lovingly groomed develop monstrous egos - refusing to accept that they are now too old to play the romantic leads that made them famous? You can help, but there are only so many times you can send them to fat farms and plastic surgeons.
Will you watch your movies being shot or do you want to direct the action yourself? Will you decide to innovate and introduce the talkies, color or digital sound before any of your rivals? Or will you let the other studios make the investments, leaving you to jump on the bandwagon if the new technology becomes popular?
Many of the things you've ever read or heard about Hollywood are right here in The Movies – from stars having affairs and hitting the bottle to teams of genius filmmakers creating the box office hit of the year. Movie mogul, talent spotter or film director. You can be one or you can be all three. That's the magic of The Movies.
- Become a Movie Mogul of Legend – Design your own studio and run it from the early days of cinema through present day and beyond in Story Mode by managing studio resources, investing in R&D and maximizing box office success by staying one step ahead of the competition.
- Make your own movies – Make movies that appeal to the masses in Story Mode or in Sandbox Mode you can jump into any era and create your dream movie.
- Control the destiny of your cast and crew – Fire and hire them, turn unknowns into movie stars, and take full creative control over script selection and the content of the movies you'll create.
- Play it again and again - Over 30 hours of continuous gameplay, thousands of exciting movie characters, and limitless options allow you to vary just about everything, including the violence, romance, and realism - all mixed with world events that affect audience tastes and expectations.
- Show the world your talents – Post your movies to the web for all to see.
The Movies PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Pentium 4 1.5 GHz, 512 MB RAM, graphic card 64 MB (GeForce4 or better), 2.5 GB HDD